WTS-Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

lrobin5000

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to these cameras and keep purchasing the wrong one. I originally got the Z12 but realized I needed motorized PTZ. I exchanged it and got this camera ((Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) thinking it had motorized PTZ. Wrong again! So, I am not going to be able to use this camera for my purposes. It's brand new, I've only had it out of the box for 30 minutes. Just long enough to test it in my computer room and realized that it wouldn't do what I needed.

I paid $170 through Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) but don't want to ask him to exchange again or give a refund since it's my mistake.

I'll sell for $150 and I'll cover shipping w/in the US. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Thanks!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm new to these cameras and keep purchasing the wrong one. I originally got the Z12 but realized I needed motorized PTZ. I exchanged it and got this camera ((Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) thinking it had motorized PTZ. Wrong again! So, I am not going to be able to use this camera for my purposes. It's brand new, I've only had it out of the box for 30 minutes. Just long enough to test it in my computer room and realized that it wouldn't do what I needed.

I paid $170 through Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) but don't want to ask him to exchange again or give a refund since it's my mistake.

I'll sell for $150 and I'll cover shipping w/in the US. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Thanks!
Which model you have now? I will send you information if i have some orders to US, but you have to make sure the goods in good condition.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

keep in mind that you likely dont need ptz at all...it is common to think there is a benefit but in 99.9999 percent of applications its of no use and you are better off with two or 3 fixed cameras for the cost of a single ptz.

lrobin5000

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy, thanks for that offer but since it's totally my mistake, I don't want to inconvenience you anymore. Also, I just don't think I'm going to find a camera in my price range that's going to work for what I need.
fenderman, i definitely agree with you but I'm actually using this camera for monitoring bird feeders instead of security. I know, it sounds silly. But, I need have a great zoom and still be able to rotate the camera to monitor all the feeders w/o having to go out and manually re-position the camera.
I appreciate the replies from both of you very much! Hopefully someone will still want this camera since it definitely seems to be very popular.

Jmtyra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wish I had the available funds, I'd take that off your hands :)