Wyze Cam Vulnerability - They knew and did nothing.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't think I have anything the Chinese want. As for the rest. They make money selling your personal info and the result is targeted advertising and oceans of spam spam spam. 3 years ago I bought a Toyota and was immediately inundates with garbage spam that continues until this day. I recently bought an iPhone and the same thing happened. After that I set up a junk account with Google. I know it won't provide instant relief but going forward I'm hoping most junk will end up in my Google account. I never never received any junk mail from China as far as I know. I do get an occasional scan email but nothing aimed directly at me and not in any volume. As for the other scammers and spanners, they know all about me. Wonder how they came about all this info?
Don't open spam emails and that goes a long way.

Only share your email with legitimate companies and opt out of marketing when sigining up for things / buying goods.

Don't know if you have these in the US, but this killed 100% of all marketing calls to my home - 90% within a couple of months and then 100% within the 1st year or 2. Think I'm now blacklisted on tele marketing lists:

BT Advanced Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker

Basically some known nusiance numbers are pre-blocked. Anyone not approved to come straight through by you, even if in your phone book, upon ringing hears a message telling them the phone is protected by call blocking and if they know you to state your name now. The phone then rings you and plays back the announcement so you can hear who is waiting. Your then press 1 to accept and 2 to reject or a specific button to permanently block.

Almost 100% of marketers will ring off the minute they hear the call screening message and anyone that doesn't you can just refuse the call or block.

It's also handy for if you're in and know the person but don't want to take the call as you can simply reject it.

The person at the other end cannot speak to or hear you until approved.