xvison x2r4n POE NVR to HIK cameras???

Thompo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Got 3x HIK Vision DS-2CD1221-i5 cameras, these are asia market only and of Chinese origin, they claim to be OnVif compliant. #edit- Just found OnVif decive manager and works fine :)

I have been able to get the cameras cannected to my router, setup and viewable from my browser, by going to the set ip addresses.
SADP sees them and updates values etc.

Recently got an Xvision NVR with 4xPOE. If i connect cameras via the NVR i can no longer find them on the network and the NVR cant find them either.

If i scan on my PC i can see the NVR with ip 192.168.1.100.

Cameras are 192.168.1.101 / 102 /103 respectively, only way i can find them when plugged into the NVR is to run a cable from the 4th POE port to my router. but the NVR still cant find them.

Ive read something about POE ports being on a different range but struggling if im honest lol, cant see any way of viewing the addresses of the POE ports on the NVR.

I tried creating an RTSP connection via the NVR to the verified streams (rtsp://user:password@192.168.1.101/streaming/channels/101 (main stream) verified using VLC) but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Neil

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ive read something about POE ports being on a different range but struggling if im honest lol, cant see any way of viewing the addresses of the POE ports on the NVR.
If the Xvision NVR is configured similarly to the Hikvision NVRs, the IP addresses of the PoE ports may be able to be figured out in a couple of different ways:
The configuration page for the PoE ports IP addresses may be on the VGA/HDMI interface only and not the web GUI
The Camera Management page in the web GUI may list the pre-assigned IP addresses for the NVR PoE ports.

The idea would be that once you've figured out the needed IP addresses for the PoE ports, set the cameras up on the LAN to match, then plug them in to the NVR PoE ports.