XVR5108H (POC) What cables do I need?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hacked china region cameras like this one won't work with most Dahua recorders.

The DVR you bought can be used with different types of cameras some of which use coax cables. In a new install this model probably isn't the best choice, to use it with the camera you bought you'd also need to buy a PoE switch... But it won't work because it's a hacked china cam.

Reaction score
Hacked china region cameras like this one won't work with most Dahua recorders.

The DVR you bought can be used with different types of cameras some of which use coax cables. In a new install this model probably isn't the best choice, to use it with the camera you bought you'd also need to buy a PoE switch... But it won't work because it's a hacked china cam.
Thanks for the quick reply. Order canceled.
What brand camera should I get if I want a basic cam with a mic and ir?
I'd like it to be cat5.

Reaction score
I canceled my order on that DVR. I'm gonna rethink this.
I want a Dahua setup with 8 channels and the ability to add at least two wireless cameras. POE would be great. Any suggestions while I Google around?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I canceled my order on that DVR. I'm gonna rethink this.
I want a Dahua setup with 8 channels and the ability to add at least two wireless cameras. POE would be great. Any suggestions while I Google around?
HI Gregory

Skip googling around and read the cliff notes... that will be the best way to start - as we've stripped out the lies you may see posted by vendors and others who have no clue....