Y Cam ONVIF Camera and Hikvision NVR

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a Y Cam Bullet HD 1080 Camera which is ONVIF compatible, but I am having problems viewing it from a Hikvision DS-7608NI NVR. I have tried adding it as an ONVIF camera, and also adding a custom protocol directly to the RTSP stream of the camera, and neither works, the camera just shows as "Offline (IP camera exception)".

I've checked the camera in the ONVIF device manager software, and it all works fine, and I see the video feed, so I know the camera is working properly, yet the NVR doesn't like it.

Here are my settings for the camera in the NVR web client:

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 00.40.29.png

This port is the same port reported by the ONVIF device manager.

I have also tried the custom protocol as shown below:

Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 00.44.45.png

I have added 2 other cameras using the ONVIF protocol without any problems, it's just this one camera causing me issues.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the 'ONVIF port' 8081 that you are using the one shown in the URL at the bottom of the 'Identification' page in ODM?
On the Custom protocol, the RTSP port is showing the unusual value of 8081, the same as you have tested for the 'ONVIF port'.
And presumably the RTSP string is as shown at the bottom of the 'Live Video' page in ODM?

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes it is set to 8081 (Y-Cam default), see screenshot below:

onvif.PNG

And the live video screen shows the following (I have tried onvif.sdp and h264.sdp)

url.PNG

But all I get in camera management in the NVR web client is:

cam.PNG

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, from what you've shown, I'd have expected that to work both for ONVIF and RTSP.
The RTSP port is non-standard, and is the same as the port used for the ONVIF dialogues.
Is 8081 also shown as the RTSP port in ODM 'Network settings'?
Just a long shot - is there any option in the camera web GUI to set the RTSP port to the normal default of 554 so it's not the same as the ONVIF port and re-test the RTSP and ONVIF connection?
In theory you may also be able to change that in ODM if the ONVIF dialogues for the camera support that configuration option.

*edit* And one more thing to maybe try - in the Custom protocol, only use the part of the URI after the IP address, including the '/' ie /live/0/onvif.sdp

Last edited by a moderator:

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Yes, I can't understand why it isn't working either :(

The reason I'm using 8081, is just because that was the default port of the camera, I can't change the HTTP port and RTSP port separately in the camera settings, I only have the following options for that:

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 14.06.48.png

I have tried changing it to 554, but still no luck. My Raspberry Pi can see it, and connect to it without any problems, so I don't understand why this can't!

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No more ideas, sorry, you have explored the options that I would have done.
It sounds like this is a slightly oddball camera, having the RTSP port the same as the ONVIF port. Maybe this is confusing the NVR.
The only thing I can think of, that you've probably already tried, is to set UDP as the transport for the 'Custom protocol'.

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

yes I have tried that. Just find it strange that ODM sees it fine as does my rpi but the NVR isn't having any of it! It's a good camera too, great image quality and also has audio!

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
I just saw your edit above, and changing the path to just /live/0/h264.sdp worked! I suppose that makes sense, since the protocol can be applied to more than one camera, so specifying the IP address there is not required, makes sense now I think about it.

Thanks again, the only thing that's not working with it is the audio, not sure where to start with that...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least you have part of what you're looking for working.
It may be that audio is not part of the negotiated RTSP stream, a network capture would show that, in which case that's down to how that specific firmware version works on the NVR.

Irsad alli

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All the Team Members,

Anyone help me for adding ONVIF D-link camera Model-DCS-942L
when im add camera on Hikvision NVR Model-DS-7732NI-ST it's showing me IP CAMERA EXCEPTION Error
the camera existing version 2.0 now im upgrade 2.12 so NVR firmware version is 3.3.0
So anyone here to help me what shoud i will be do from my side to showing me live view on Hikvision NVR.