!!!!!!!you Device is illegal, Please call factory!!!!!! DS7608NI-E2/8P

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Background:
Firmware Update on 7608NI-E2/8P from V3.4.80 160718 to V3.4.96 build170921
Machine bought from Aliexpress ' sold as genuine English version and upgradeable.

File installed via USB on NVR, installed without issue, rebooted to Beep, followed by Hikvision Banner and 13 more beeps and reboot......

Tried tftp. not able to see the device on 192.0.0.64

Supplier provided details of usb connection lead, lead was fabricated and using internal socket and putty, able to see what is going on.

Install lead, start putty, CTRL U to interrupt, start tftp, enter correct ip details and firmware upload starts...

Output:
done

Bytes transferred = 16282181 (f87245 hex)

digicap.dav match error

Language mismatch: In bootparams is 0x2 but in digicap is 0x1

Hmm, tried a few other versions of the firmware from the euro site, the Australian has none, all the same.

used hiktools.exe to 'change' the language in the digicap.dav file hiktools.exe lang digicap.dav 2

repeated the process and this time it does install the firmware all the way through but then this...

!!!!!!!you Device is illegal, Please call factory!!!!!!

!!!!!!!you Device buy in cn, you firmware is en err!!!!!!

The owner of the device is currently working with the supplier to fix the problem, but having dug and read a lot more I see that this has been around for a while as such, I thought it may have been a result of the recent change of support being provided by Hikvision, but it appears not.

oh hum...

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, it clearly was not genuine English version.
You need some 'hacked to EN firmware'.
Yup, the support guy has loaded something (machine is about 30km away from me) and he has the NVR up and running with a few issues, now we need to figure out what and where the version he installed came from and see if we can get a later version as that one has issues with case input on the keyboard !!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score