You gotta see this Mini 4MP Auto-Tracking PTZ

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have any night time video with this cam?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I did track it down to the Hik but was unable to find any night video. Wondering about the IR reflection with the dome.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hik also has a 4x zoom darkfighter version that I imagine does a lot better at night, but 4x isn't a lot of zoom.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
The 25x small PTZ caught my eye.
I have the dahua mini PTZ and the zoom is pretty weak, I don't use the IR on it because there is plenty of light where it's at,I did install one in a dark location and the IR reflection was very bad.
I would like to see dahua release a new small PTZ with IR, their ceiling mount ones don't work for me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This camera has some really nice low light specs
Thanks, I did track it down to the Hik but was unable to find any night video. Wondering about the IR reflection with the dome.
The reflection minimized because of the IR is separated from the lens.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Could I make a suggestion to feed back to Hikvision?

You demonstrated how the video is smoother at 60fps than 30fps (to be expected) but you lose the resolution. Assuming the sensor / chipset isn't capable of 4K @ 60fps in a firmware update to come later, could I suggest that Hikvision consider using a software setting that gives the option for the software to vary the resolution on an event trigger? eg. The camera would be @1080P 30fps when just moving between presets and scanning the area. However, on detecting the crossing of a line or an intrusion into a zone (if it has zones) then the camera software changes the resolution to 4K @ 30fps upon commencing the object tracking. This would give the best of both worlds for the penalty of a momentary loss of recording as the resolution switched. Software wise, it could be an option so you could choose to use it or not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Could I make a suggestion to feed back to Hikvision?

You demonstrated how the video is smoother at 60fps than 30fps (to be expected) but you lose the resolution. Assuming the sensor / chipset isn't capable of 4K @ 60fps in a firmware update to come later, could I suggest that Hikvision consider using a software setting that gives the option for the software to vary the resolution on an event trigger? eg. The camera would be @1080P 30fps when just moving between presets and scanning the area. However, on detecting the crossing of a line or an intrusion into a zone (if it has zones) then the camera software changes the resolution to 4K @ 30fps upon commencing the object tracking. This would give the best of both worlds for the penalty of a momentary loss of recording as the resolution switched. Software wise, it could be an option so you could choose to use it or not.
Lol 60 and even 30 fps is overkill waste of resources. What's the point of higher fps when there is no motion!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing if you're deploying it as he has done to monitor a large yard or driveway, then there will be motion as the person / vehicle comes across the yard / along driveway. I take your point though about other circumstances.

Last edited:

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Assuming the sensor / chipset isn't capable of 4K @ 60fps in a firmware update to come later, could I suggest that Hikvision consider using a software setting that gives the option for the software to vary the resolution on an event trigger? eg. The camera would be @1080P 30fps when just moving between presets and scanning the area. However, on detecting the crossing of a line or an intrusion into a zone (if it has zones) then the camera software changes the resolution to 4K @ 30fps upon commencing the object tracking. This would give the best of both worlds for the penalty of a momentary loss of recording as the resolution switched. Software wise, it could be an option so you could choose to use it or not.
This is possible using Hikvision NVRs. You can set some of the Main Stream (Event) settings separately from the Main Stream (Normal) settings. Although the camera doesn't do 4K and the resolution cannot be changed after an event trigger, the frame rate and bit rate can.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
This is possible using Hikvision NVRs. You can set some of the Main Stream (Event) settings separately from the Main Stream (Normal) settings. Although the camera doesn't do 4K and the resolution cannot be changed after an event trigger, the frame rate and bit rate can.
Maybe a feedback request for Blu Iris then if it doesn't already support this. The ability to change resolution as well would be even better.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Cbang000 Sorry for the delay, just now saw you had asked here. I believe I answered everything on chat the other day. Thanks again for the order!

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How quiet or loud are the servos in this DS-2DE4A425IW-DE camera? I don't want to have one bolted to the side of my home set for Smart Tracking keeping me up at night if it is one of the noisier ones. Can anyone compare it to a comparable Dahua Auto Tracking unit?

Kyle24la

n3wb
Reaction score
How quiet or loud are the servos in this DS-2DE4A425IW-DE camera? I don't want to have one bolted to the side of my home set for Smart Tracking keeping me up at night if it is one of the noisier ones. Can anyone compare it to a comparable Dahua Auto Tracking unit?
Its not loud at all! Only time you'll hear the camera is if youre right near it. Id say within a foot or two. Any further and its quiet.

Kyle24la

n3wb
Reaction score