Zak from Finland, Europe

Zak

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems to me that there are only Yanks and Canucks in here. So that there is one black sheep in the flock I need to add myself. Hello from the roof of the old continent, from Finland, Europe.

At the moment I have only one security camera this Dahua 3200S recording to my 469 Qnap, but going to buy 4 more cams in the near future. And those are not going to be Dahuas because of their sh---y support policy and lack of firmware upgrades. I guess i'm going to buy two 2732-ISs, one 2132 and one 2032. I like all kinds of new tech stuff and therefore my house is full of all kind of electronics. Like KNX home automation system with computer/pad touch screens. It controls all kinda of stuff like lights, wall sockets, air conditioning, curtains, water input, door/window alarms, door bells, pond fountain/lights, presence in rooms, heating system, access road gate, etc. etc. Now trying to integrate cameras into home automation controls.

I've heard/read that it has been a cold winter in NA. Right? Well, it has been the opposite here in Northern Europe.

The previous winter was very long and cold. Snows fell as early as in october and melt away as late as in april. And it was cold all the time and 60-70cm of snow. All that was very unusual.
Well this winter so far has also been unusual also. Snows fell in the middle of january and melt away in the last week of february. Winter was about 5 weeks long! The weather forecast for tomorrow is +12C and grass is starting to grow. Usually at this time of the year we need snowblower but now we need lawn mower. Strange.

Of course you Yanks say that those temperatures are not so extraordinary or unusual but in that case you need to check from the global map what there are with you in the same latitude in Europe. For example: If you live in New York there are in the same latitude in Europe cities like Madrid in Spain or Naples in Italy. What is North America are there in the same latitude with my home town in Finland, Europe? Yup, there are "tropical" cities like Anchorage (AL) and the most southern area of Greenland! And In Canada there is ... practically nothing. Only wilderness.

BTW: It would be nice if admin could add a new permanent topic to "Dahua": Firmwares. And someone also to add new firmwares there. Only one message where there are collection of links to (newest) firmwares. If there are x amount of messages it would be nasty to scan the newest. Only one permanent topic and one message. Also similar to Hikvision could be interesting. But that was just an idea ....

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This Yank welcomes you to the forum! With your techy abilities, you'll fit right in here! Thanks for joining!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike
Zak, Welcome, Great suggestion about the firmware topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Welcome to the best CCTV forum on the planet!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, great introduction!! You're right, it's been a brutal winter in North America this year! There is still a foot of snow in my yard (probably more in Canada!). The temperatures all around the globe have been insane, totally abnormal and only getting worse. It's quite scary IMO. Your home automation system sounds amazing. I am looking into getting my house more automated and will definitely look into your combo.

Love the idea about having a firmware thread in the Dahua section, we will make that happen :D If you have any more ideas don't hesitate to tell us, we are always open to suggestions! Hope you enjoy your stay here and are kind enough to indulge us with some information as it sounds like you know what you are talking about :D