Zmodo And BI

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
STEELGTR, I have 3 Zmodo NVR's of 2 different types on BI. In all cases they work great using the media port, which is the last port listed on the info (below), copied & pasted from a Zmodo KB article. Also, at the very bottom are screen shots of the video configs for the 2 that work for me. Hope this helps!

Here are the default ports for Zmodo units (last port # is the mobile port):

H9104, H9108, H9106, H9116: 80, 9000, 18004
H9114, H9118: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
H9124, H9128, DR-SFN6: 80, 9000, 15961
H8000/H8100 series: 80, 7777, 8888

Attachments

STEELGTR

n3wb
Reaction score
STEELGTR, I have 3 Zmodo NVR's of 2 different types on BI. In all cases they work great using the media port, which is the last port listed on the info (below), copied & pasted from a Zmodo KB article. Also, at the very bottom are screen shots of the video configs for the 2 that work for me. Hope this helps!

Here are the default ports for Zmodo units (last port # is the mobile port):

H9104, H9108, H9106, H9116: 80, 9000, 18004
H9114, H9118: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
H9124, H9128, DR-SFN6: 80, 9000, 15961
H8000/H8100 series: 80, 7777, 8888

Got it! But only camera #1 shows up using the NVR IP. Do I need a new cam for each cam IP?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
STEELGTR, the answer is 'yes', all of them identical except that in each config for each cam set the 'Camera' to the channel # of the BNC that the cam is plugged into, like this:

Attachments

STEELGTR

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, Guys!

Our power went out this morning and the router reassigned different IP's to the NVR and cameras. My Foscam cams have a static IP setting so they never change. Can you tell me how to do the same with the zmodo devices?

Thanks again,

bob

STEELGTR

n3wb
Reaction score
Update:

I realized that the media stream (port 9000) would max out at QVGA (320x240) Not acceptable to me. So I got port 8000 ( media) working somehow using the zmodo RTSP port 10554 drop down. However, the video stream randomly disappears and reappears in BI and restarting the camera doesn't help. I can't count on it and for now I am using the Zsight app which works flawlessly. I also watched the Zmodo network setup tutorial and it says to port forward ports 5050, 6050, and 7050. These ports are all being blocked somehow when I use a port checking tool. So I'm kinda back to square 1!

thx

bob

EDIT: Btw, my default ports are 80, 8000, and 9000

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Bob,
If you have configured BI to access the DVR's cams I and then are accessing BI remotely in order to 'see' the cams attached to the DVR then you should not have to forward any of the DVR ports in your router. Those ports would only need to be forwarded if you wanted to access the DVR's embedded web server software using a browser. of course, you still have to configure BI to work with the right media port or RTSP port of the DVR, like 7050, 554 or ??

If you want to access your BI web server remotely to 'see' the cams attached to the DVR, the only port(s) you should have to forward in the router is the one that you set up for HTTP (web access) of the BI web server (default is 80, try 81 or 8080 if 80 is blocked by your ISP). Assign your BI web server PC a static IP then have your router forward that HTTP port to that static IP.

WITH BI WEB SERVER RUNNING then try 'canyouseeme.org'. I use port 81 with no problems. When the BI web server is NOT running (BI not open), canyouseeme.org cannot 'see' port 81, when my BI web server is up & running, canyouseeme.org can 'see' my port, which is port 81.

STEELGTR

n3wb
Reaction score
Tony

The problem now is that I can see the cams but they randomly lose signal and just come on occasionally. The screen will just say "No signal". i can't rely on it this way. My other non-Zmodo cams stay connected just fine in the same BI environment.

bob

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I see. No, that's not something one can live with. Wish I had a good suggestion. Good luck!
Tony

quickslip

n3wb
Reaction score
So I bought the FunLux version of this ZMODO product - but support (zmodo) tells me it is the same unit. I can't seem to get my cameras to register with BI though - I have tried all the port combinations as suggested above, but still it does not seem to show.
When I run the IPCsearch tool it shows the cameras fine on the network - the devices show up as CS-S1T-S (for the cameras). I even upgraded the firmware on the cameras to the latest (V5.0.0.14) but still can't seem to add them.
I am using the default username and password (admin/111111). It is strange, since after I try to set it up, the frame rate is changing on the General tab of the camera settings (as if it sees some output from the camera).
Any other suggestions ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@quickslip...welcome to the forum. Are you trying to stream direct from the cameras or via the NVR?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to stream directly from the cameras in to BI.
Can we do this from the NVR as well?
@quickslip.I think this is where your problem is..Are the cameras connected directly to the NVR? if so what is the ip address of the cam (just one for comparison) and what is you routers ip address?
The instructions you see here are for streaming from the NVR..

quickslip

n3wb
Reaction score
@quickslip.I think this is where your problem is..Are the cameras connected directly to the NVR? if so what is the ip address of the cam (just one for comparison) and what is you routers ip address?
The instructions you see here are for streaming from the NVR..
I do have the cameras directly connected to the DVR. I can run the IPCsearch application and see all of the cameras online (along with my DVR).
The IP address of one of the cameras is 192.168.1.100 and the DVR is 192.168.1.103. I have my Blue Iris server setup with an IP address of 192.168.1.119 - so they are all on the same network and can ping each other fine.
When I plug in the IP Address of one of the cameras and set the username and password (and set the device make/model) to Zmodo ISV-BFS23NM,PKD-DK4216(mobile port) and change the port to 9000.
It seemed to connect last night after my first post, but I came back this afternoon and it is not connected again.
So I am not sure what is going on.

STEELGTR

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have the cameras directly connected to the DVR. I can run the IPCsearch application and see all of the cameras online (along with my DVR).
The IP address of one of the cameras is 192.168.1.100 and the DVR is 192.168.1.103. I have my Blue Iris server setup with an IP address of 192.168.1.119 - so they are all on the same network and can ping each other fine.
When I plug in the IP Address of one of the cameras and set the username and password (and set the device make/model) to Zmodo ISV-BFS23NM,PKD-DK4216(mobile port) and change the port to 9000.
It seemed to connect last night after my first post, but I came back this afternoon and it is not connected again.
So I am not sure what is going on.
Did you read my link?

bob

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello All, I just purchased a funlux zmd-dx-san8 and have the newest version of blue iris. I replaced my Swann dvr with non-ip cams(worked in blue iris) after it broke. Can anyone help me out with the settings of this sytem (funlux zmd-dx-san8) to incorporate into blue iris ? I am at a standstill for now ....have alot of crime on my street thats why any help would be appreciative to get this running or return it:)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All, I just purchased a funlux zmd-dx-san8 and have the newest version of blue iris. I replaced my Swann dvr with non-ip cams(worked in blue iris) after it broke. Can anyone help me out with the settings of this sytem (funlux zmd-dx-san8) to incorporate into blue iris ? I am at a standstill for now ....have alot of crime on my street thats why any help would be appreciative to get this running or return it:)
What have you tried so far?