Zmodo Wireless IPcamera Login with 3rd party NVS

MikeRuth

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day folks, let me first say I am a bit of a noob to the cameras and I am a Windows IT professional with 25 years under my belt. So now my issue, and please I know Zmodo stuff is bottom of the barrel but that's what I got to work with.
I have a 4 ZP-IBH23-W wireless Cams. I setup two using the damn app and BS that Zmodo puts you through just to make sure a couple worked. Seems OK.
Now what I want todo is use them with a 3rd party NVS software on a PC. Now I have identified the IP addresses and MAC addresses on my network. Problem I have is I can not get the NVS to connect, ie NVS reports bad Password.
Now I did set a user password in the setup on these two and of course tried that, no joy. They are ONVIF compatible and I'm guessing the NS is talking to them to get a bad password result.
During the setup they only ask you to set a password for "additional security" no user name is set. Of course I tried several, admin in varying cases, user etc.

So I guess for now I'm asking does anyone know the default credentials? Should I be trying with the PW I set or a default?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Mike R

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless something changed, many ZMODO cameras are cloud-based propriety and will not work except on their systems, but some have been successful with work-arounds.

See if this thread helps you:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good day folks, let me first say I am a bit of a noob to the cameras and I am a Windows IT professional with 25 years under my belt. So now my issue, and please I know Zmodo stuff is bottom of the barrel but that's what I got to work with.
I have a 4 ZP-IBH23-W wireless Cams. I setup two using the damn app and BS that Zmodo puts you through just to make sure a couple worked. Seems OK.
Now what I want todo is use them with a 3rd party NVS software on a PC. Now I have identified the IP addresses and MAC addresses on my network. Problem I have is I can not get the NVS to connect, ie NVS reports bad Password.
Now I did set a user password in the setup on these two and of course tried that, no joy. They are ONVIF compatible and I'm guessing the NS is talking to them to get a bad password result.
During the setup they only ask you to set a password for "additional security" no user name is set. Of course I tried several, admin in varying cases, user etc.

So I guess for now I'm asking does anyone know the default credentials? Should I be trying with the PW I set or a default?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Mike R
FYI - You can test with VLC...