Zombie Dead Huisun PTZ - $25.00 OBO

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have zombie Huisun PTZ, he died about 6 months ago and I left him up there on the roof. Just finally replaced him with a Dahua IPC-HFW2831TN-ZAS-S2 as after playing around with the PTZ I just left it pointed at my drive way entrance 800 ft away.

I took Mr. Huisun apart and re-seated all his ribbon cables, retested him and Mr. Huisun continues to slumber in zombie land, as in, he still don't wake up, yet he lights up the LEDs on my switch when plugged in.

As stated, I can see lights go on at the hub/switch when I plug him in and plug in the power adapter but Mr. Huisun does not go through his startup actions and I can see no evidence of him on my network, including the SADP tool.

Maybe he could be brought back to life? by someone who knows how to do it? or some or most of his parts are still usable?

I'm thinking 25 bucks because it needs to include shipping and the really cool custom machined mount [see photos] for mounting atop a square junction box.

Deceased Mr. Huisun cam was apart for testing but I carefully put him back together with all screws seated and then backed off one turn. Be advised, you, ideally, will need a quality #2 head screw driver to remove his screws, but read below.

These are vary small screws but yet they seem to have a full #2 insert profile. This is a problem because all my #2 screw drivers have to fat a shaft to reach the front screws that hold on the front plastic bezel or black part and the base screws.

I have a good snap on #1 screw driver and was just barely able to remove the screws with it. So a #1 screw driver will work but it better be good and not worn out.

Please note the small crack in the ptz lower base just above the mount point in photo that shows the lower section with aluminum mount attached. Not sure if that happened while cam was still on roof or when I was holding the cam hard and trying to get a few of the screws to loosen.

This cam is up for sale because I hate to just through Mr. Huisun in the trash if some one would/could revive him or use his parts.

He served me well for 2 yrs. Longer then most from what I hear.

Only the Huisun PTZ and related parts you see in photos is included in this sale.

Shipped in medium flat rate box as shown in photos. Packing not shown but I will wrap as much bubble wrap around the cam as possible in original box then ether use bubble wrap or packing peanuts to cushion the original box inside the fat rate box.

Please no comments about how sick I must be to still have the original box and invoice.... :screwy:

I am that guy who keeps that stuff. Got invoices and instructions for stuff I bought 30 yrs ago... drives my wife crazy.

If you just want the custom mount, make offer but remember if your offer is so low I am paying you to take it because of shipping cost etc, what do you think I am going to tell you?

Same goes for the entire package here. Make offer but keep what I just said in mind.

Price: $25.00 because it needs to include medium flat rate shipping and the really cool custom machined mount [see photos] for mounting atop a square junction box.

Payment via PayPal or postal MO. No checks, if you can write a check you can buy a postal MO and mail it.

No Over seas shipping.

To those of you who have less that ZERO respect for the Huisun PTZ cam, I get it but there are still those who have them and use them and who might need these parts, or who have the knowledge to maybe revive this cam.

Info about contacting me, if I notice your contact I will always respond right then. So, if you attempt to contact me through this forum and don't here anything for a day, try again or look close at the photo of the invoice, one of my email addresses is on it. Send me an email to that address. I am a member of many forums and get hundreds of email per day so some times I miss a contact request. Also, forums for some reason seem to be vary unreliable when it comes to sending contact request. I will try to keep an eye out here. Be persistent and keep sending me contacts or emails until you get a response.

20200503_122955.jpg20200503_123120.jpg20200503_123542.jpg20200503_131112.jpg20200503_131123.jpg20200503_131133.jpg20200503_131138.jpg20200503_131343.jpg20200503_131354.jpg20200503_132105.jpg20200503_132110.jpg20200503_132200.jpg

Last edited:

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's a pity.
I'm always looking for Spares&Repairs items to mess with.
I think shipping plus purchase amount would almost equal buying a new or working one of these from ali express or your own area. How much are you willing to pay for something that is broken?

Shipping cost would be 40 to 50 bucks I think. USPS has raised shipping cost to the point it no longer makes sense unless it is a high cost item and is worth the extra cost of shipping and insurance and hassles. I had to stop shipping over seas on my ebay store due to cost plus fraud.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think shipping plus purchase amount would almost equal buying a new or working one of these from ali express or your own area.
You are probably right. Not a sensible idea.
I'm just a sucker for exploring broken things and trying to fix them.
But thanks for the response.

I've fixed up several of these a few years back.
The common cause was a firmware bug that caused it to corrupt part of the flash.