Zosi camera - how to access

Reaction score
Hi all,

Total camera novice here, so excuse any stupid questions.
I'm not getting anywhere with google so i thought I'd try the experts.

I have a Zosi branded "IPC-2615D-WS" POE IP Camera that i want to add to an instance of Agent DVR (ISPY).
I have found the IP address of the camera through trial and error pinging in the range they are set to from default, and have confirmed through the high tech process of plugging/ unplugging and running a ping.

I cannot seem to get a response from this address through a web browser however.
Ideally i want to change its IP to a range withing my existing network.

If anyone has experience with this camera or brand it would be appreciated.
Or, if what i have is not going to work, what are recommendations for POE IP cameras which ARE going to be compatible and relatively easy to configure with Agent DVR?

Thanks in advance!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Total camera novice here, so excuse any stupid questions.
I'm not getting anywhere with google so i thought I'd try the experts.

I have a Zosi branded "IPC-2615D-WS" POE IP Camera that i want to add to an instance of Agent DVR (ISPY).
I have found the IP address of the camera through trial and error pinging in the range they are set to from default, and have confirmed through the high tech process of plugging/ unplugging and running a ping.

I cannot seem to get a response from this address through a web browser however.
Ideally i want to change its IP to a range withing my existing network.

If anyone has experience with this camera or brand it would be appreciated.
Or, if what i have is not going to work, what are recommendations for POE IP cameras which ARE going to be compatible and relatively easy to configure with Agent DVR?

Thanks in advance!
Hi @bullfrog_au

not all cameras come with web servers, and some may not have a functional web server.

Since you know how to ping, I would try now to do a port scan and see which ports are open.

Please keep us informed of what you find.
( hopefully we will find an rtsp stream )

FYI - a quick search on the model number I found the following.. ( see images )

Zosi branded "IPC-2615D-WS"

1624904583975.png

1624904519540.png

Reaction score
Thanks Mat!

Yes, thats the unit. Cheap and nasty but will fit purpose if i can get it up.

I ran Zenmap (Nmap GUI) on the IP address and returned open ports:
8080/tcp
23/tcp
554/tcp
35083/tcp

The results note
Port: 23/tcp; State Service: open telnet; Version: security DVR telnetd (many brands)
Port: 554/tcp; State Service: open; Version: rtsp

Using the generated RTSP address from Connect to Zosi cameras i was able to get a stream running in VLC.
Awsome. Now.....

How do i get this to run on my standard network (192.168.0.x)?
To get the stream i have set the static IP address on a 2nd PC to the range of the camera (192.168.138.x). I image I need to access the config of the camera to change its static IP to the same range as my standard network, or even better to DHCP!?

The system hosting the Agent DVR is a Win10 system with DHCP enabled, so i cannot add another IP address (maybe? the option is greyed out in the IPV4 settings).
Is there a utility which mimics the interface normally given by the manufacturers DVR?

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
TCP port 8080 is a common http port so try using the following address in your browser 192.168.138.x:8080 (whereby x = the number you assigned to your camera (i.e. 192.168.138.100:8080))

once you have changed the IP address (lets say 192.168.138.100) on the camera to the correct address range (192.168.0.x) you will lose contact with the camera. Change your PC back to that same range and you will be able to communicate with the camera again by using 192.168.0.100:8080

Dont use DHCP for cameras unles you are setting a DHCP reservation on the device managing the pool. There is always the potential for the camera to obtain another IP address via DHCP when its lease expires. Set static only. Just make sure you dont use an already in use address

Reaction score
Point on DHCP noted, thanks.

For accessing the camera, still no luck. I get the "connection to server was reset while page was loading" error message in the browser. I have tried both firefox and edge, same result.
Is it possible i should be passing credentials in the HTTP string? as in "192.168.138.100:8080/admin"? (Tried this specific string to no effect, i hope you understand my meaning though)

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i guess the camera may not be running a web service on that port. If you have a late enough version of windows you could try using the curl command to see if it throws back anything to give a hint:

example at the command prompt: curl 192.168.138.100:8080

if i do that on one of my Hik cameras i get a HTML response

Also, i just noticed on the image that @mat200 posted it states "Only works with Zosi PoE NVR" Perhaps these cams are not meant to be configured via a GUI and only get their config pushed from one of their NVR's?

Can you telnet to the cam (port 23)? You may be able to access some config files if you browse the file system and amend the IP address there.

Did the camera come with any software/app to configure it?

Reaction score
Can you telnet to the cam (port 23)? You may be able to access some config files if you browse the file system and amend the IP address there.
I didn't know about the telnet interface :) I get a login prompt, however the password section will not accept any text?? I tried to search the default username & password, and get "admin:~blank~", however this is only for the DVR its supposed to be used with as far as i can tell.
All the combinations i tried returned "Login Incorrect", im at a bit of a loss on this.

i guess the camera may not be running a web service on that port. If you have a late enough version of windows you could try using the curl command to see if it throws back anything to give a hint:

example at the command prompt: curl 192.168.138.100:8080
I only get a response on port 23. All others return empty HTML tag blocks.

Did the camera come with any software/app to configure it?
No. There is software to interface with the companies DVR, but it will not communicate with the camera directly.

I'm starting to think this is a dead end. Cut my losses and get a different camera. This however raises its own issues.
How to select a camera which will give direct config access, without needing a DVR? All of the units i have looked at either say something similar to this Zosi unit "Only works with Zosi PoE NVR" or do not make it clear.
Im sure that top of the line units are better, but i want to keep unit cost under $100AUD at this point. Ill get better units if i need to later on.

TP-Link C300HP-6 would serve, but how do i find out if im going to end up in the same predicament??

Jet86

n3wb
Reaction score
Came across this thread while looking for answers to a separate, but related, question.

Firstly, to answer OPs question. You can use the "Zosi Search Tool" on a Windows computer to discover any Zosi IP cameras on your local network, and update their IP address and other network settings. I have done this with several of the Zosi ZG2612D and 2615D cameras. You can get the Zosi Search Tool here:
Secondly, what I am trying to work out is how to change the timezone in these cameras, as it stamps the date and time on the footage, but the timezone is wrong so its out by several hours. Trying to telnet to the cameras is a good idea, but I have no idea what the password would be. If anyone has any suggestions that I could try, please let me know...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
People also ask
How do I access my ZOSI camera on my computer?
What is the default IP address for ZOSI camera?

At first, your Zosi IP camera kit comes from the factory with the cameras using IPs 192.168. 138.100 to 192.168. 138.108 (8-channel kit). So, after open the kit you just need to plug into your network as shown in the diagram and match the IP address range.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As far as time change goes I'm trying to google it.
Looking for Zosi cams admin pass defaults
For the Nvr's it says default admin has blank password?

medv4380

n3wb
Reaction score
Way late to the conversation but if you get to the telnet login the username is root with no password set

Jet86

n3wb
Reaction score
Way late to the conversation but if you get to the telnet login the username is root with no password set
Unfortunately that doesn't work for the cameras (that appears to be for the DVR, but not for the cameras). I have tested the following at the telnet prompt on the cameras, all without any success:

root/root
root/(blank)
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
zosi/zosi
zosi/(blank)

Dr.Fiero

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately that doesn't work for the cameras (that appears to be for the DVR, but not for the cameras). I have tested the following at the telnet prompt on the cameras, all without any success:

root/root
root/(blank)
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
zosi/zosi
zosi/(blank)
Ever get anywhere with this by chance?

I've got Hydra pounding away at a couple of my own Zosi POE's right now!

Dr.Fiero

n3wb
Reaction score
Since EVERYONE loves follow ups...

1 million (ok 998,730) PW attempts on each user admin/root/zosi. Zero hits. :(

I did manage to get (5?) of my 8 cameras back working though. Used a PC based program that would find the cameras. I'll have to post a (literal) screen shot of it though, as the name is in Chinese.
While my NVR couldn't find them, about 1/2 dozen other Mac & PC programs couldn't find them... this ONE would! We're talking no other changes to the network, wiring, etc. Crazy.

Anyhow, it allowed me to alter the IP, gateway, data & HTTP ports, and DNS server - all to values that were in a usable range for me. Would not let me turn on/off DHCP though before you ask! ;)

NVR still wouldn't see them. BUT (!) by manually adding them - IT WORKED! Why? Who the hell knows.

2 of them are stuck in glorious B/W even in bright daylight.
One is still a deader, but I haven't checked the cable run yet (have to scale a 15ft ladder to get to that one! maybe another day when I haven't been drinking... as much...).

IMG_2756.jpeg

Jet86

n3wb
Reaction score
1 million (ok 998,730) PW attempts on each user admin/root/zosi. Zero hits. :(
:( I was holding out hope you might be able to crack this - thanks for trying and for updating us.

Used a PC based program that would find the cameras. I'll have to post a (literal) screen shot of it though, as the name is in Chinese.
That's the Zosi Search Tool I mentioned (and linked to) in an earlier post in this thread ;)

Dr.Fiero

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh, ok! Didn't realize it was the same one - I got it from some Ali seller for one of the yet 'other' brands of cams I've got.

It only took ~24hrs to do the million PW's. If someone has a different name file I'll run it again.
Also, it was under the assumption that the login name was one of those 3! If it was Admin not admin for example - no workie.

Jet86

n3wb
Reaction score
Ever get anywhere with this by chance?
Since EVERYONE loves follow ups... :winktongue:

I just discovered via this post that the telnet username / password is root / 123456asj (at least for my two different models of Zoos IP cameras).

They're running BusyBox, so now I just have to work out how to correctly set the time and date, timezone, ntp server etc...

Jet86

n3wb
Reaction score
An update for anyone following along:

The Good News
I've now managed to change the timezone on the cameras, so that they show the correct time on the timestamp. After gaining access via telnet with the above credentials, you need to edit the single line in /etc/TZ to the timezone you wish to use in POSIX format (using vi). Once you've saved the file, the timestamp on the video feed updates almost immediately.

The Bad News
Unfortunately this does not survive a reboot. It seems that when the camera boots up it must initialise files such as
/etc/TZ with pre-determined parameters. Obviously not all files are re-initialised at every boot (network settings such as the camera's IP address survives a reboot), so the question now is whether I (or anyone else) can find how and where the /etc/TZ file is initialised, and whether that can be modified...

A Side Note
A bunch of Zosi apps and documentation refer to needing the device's UUID to perform certain actions, and claim that the UUID should be on a printed sticker on the device (which is not the case for any of my Zosi cameras). In digging around on the camera's filesystem, I happened to discover the file /app/bin/uuid.txt which appears to contain the device's UUID.