02KH firmware header

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a fight? I had a goal why to do this. And what was yours? To make sell of Chineese Hik's outside? If so - thats why they do all the modifications to stop this.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's not be a research team helping them improve their anti tampering measures. I'm sure Hikvision wouldn't mind a work for free team of clever people working hard to their benefit (albeit inadvertently) :p
Were not the master factory in china they are trying to prevent moonlight runs from churning out when they are not looking, as long as that factory dont figure out how to bypass the security I doubt anything will change.. and the moment they do, everything will change.. what we say or do wont have any impact unless one of us gets a PM written in badly broken english asking for us to hold there hand through step by step and show them exactly what's done with a friggin youtube explanation.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let see who releases a tool first then!
And piss off ituneDVR more, at his lost €£¥$.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well we have a winner and Speed666 tool does what he said it would.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me clarify - what i've done in tools was done before NDA was signed. I just gave up figting and choosed a right way of working. Didnt want to waste more time.
So - signing papers was the point where nothing more leaked and will not leak. The code i gave is from about half year ago.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We all have a point where enough is enough, and can't spend more time than we already have on a project.
People must understand that.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whoslooking - i think many doesny understand. They order cameras cheaper by few buck from illegal source in China and wants to waste our time to fix their problems. That's sad. And when you say you dont wanna publish or help - they will start saying you are mad man etc.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes totally agree, I myself no longer buy Hikvision from China, not because of the firmware issues, but because the closer you get to level 1 distribution the cost is nearly the same.
It's not Hikvision that are over charging for their products it's the resellers, this is why people are buying direct from China.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but because the closer you get to level 1 distribution the cost is nearly the same.
Yes - but you are in the fortunate position of being an installer so have distribution access, unlike the mostly end-users in this community.
Personally - I'm a mean Scotsman who is happy enough buying via Aliexpress where the costs are a lot lower - and comfortable messing around a bit with the firmware.
I have both the time and the interest in doing so, probably more fortunate than many.

But I do agree the activity can get a bit obsessive when you get your teeth into a problem. It would certainly not be worth your time spent if you were doing it when working for a living.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes - but you are in the fortunate position of being an installer so have distribution access, unlike the mostly end-users in this community.
Personally - I'm a mean Scotsman who is happy enough buying via Aliexpress where the costs are a lot lower - and comfortable messing around a bit with the firmware.
I have both the time and the interest in doing so, probably more fortunate than many.

But I do agree the activity can get a bit obsessive when you get your teeth into a problem. It would certainly not be worth your time spent if you were doing it when working for a living.
Same here - with some cameras maybe £30 difference, but sometimes it might be a camera that is £300 in the UK and £115 on aliexpress. That's a big difference! :)

If I was an installer I'd have other concerns like long term support etc to consider though.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also we have a new player in the game, Uniview same build quality as Hikvison without the silly games and more importantly cheaper, I'll keep everyone posted as I'm fitting these next week.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been impressed with the Cantonk / Longse S500 I bought after reading @klasipca 's experiences and review.
Image quality, and especially low-light performance are superior to the Hikvision 2-series I'm currently using, and the build quality seems comparable.
And the firmware is open with no tripwires.
What would make a very good product would be a combination of Hikvision's 'smart events' capability and the Cantonk / Longse hardware.
The S500 uses the Hi3516A and the IMX178 sensor.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been impressed with the Cantonk / Longse S500 I bought after reading @klasipca 's experiences and review.
Image quality, and especially low-light performance are superior to the Hikvision 2-series I'm currently using, and the build quality seems comparable.
And the firmware is open with no tripwires.
What would make a very good product would be a combination of Hikvision's 'smart events' capability and the Cantonk / Longse hardware.
The S500 uses the Hi3516A and the IMX178 sensor.
Sorry to say but HiSilicon cannot even touch Ambarella used in HikVision. It's different kind of story :(

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Also we have a new player in the game, Uniview same build quality as Hikvison without the silly games and more importantly cheaper, I'll keep everyone posted as I'm fitting these next week.
It looks like they are copying Hikvision in every aspect, including site design and color scheme and the same 1/3 sensor size... I'll pass, but curious what you have to report

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
3rd largest Chinese manufacturer of CCTV, They all copy each other, but yes they are directly copying Dahua and Hik but the sales pitch is looking good, but testing is everything.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a bit hard to believe that Honeywell are top of that list for cctv as there IP products are crap and made by 3rd parties.