1080p POE Camera Recommendation

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello. I have been using Foscam cameras and they need to be replaced cause they really suck :). I recently got a Mini PTZ 10X POE camera and it has been working great with Bue Iris. I now need a POE 1080p cam, it doesn't need to be PT or PTZ cause it will be fixed to look at the front door. I have no idea what is good out there. Previously I just blindly bought the first thing I saw on Amazon (Foscam).

Do you have any recommendation for a 1080p POE camera, fixed, PT, or PTZ? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I have been using Foscam cameras and they need to be replaced cause they really suck :). I recently got a Mini PTZ 10X POE camera and it has been working great with Bue Iris. I now need a POE 1080p cam, it doesn't need to be PT or PTZ cause it will be fixed to look at the front door. I have no idea what is good out there. Previously I just blindly bought the first thing I saw on Amazon (Foscam).

Do you have any recommendation for a 1080p POE camera, fixed, PT, or PTZ? Thanks.
any hikvision 1080p camera will suit your needs...the turret is my preferred model.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I now have 2 Dahua HDW-4300C turrets, less spiders, point them anywhere, very good night vision. @Q2U, should I try a Hikvision? Better? Do they have 3 axis?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can the turrets be mounted on walls as well as ceilings?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Dahua 4300c can be mounted at any angle, it will rotate any direction. It's a ball that floats in fingers in the mount. If the Hikvision does this I'll order one right now to try it out. Anybody have one? I read an amazon review that said it wouldn't, but it looks like it does.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RL2FZF0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I'll see for myself, be here tuesday... :)

Ipcamophrenia
[eye-pee-cam-o-free-nee-uh, -freen-yuh]
noun
1. Psychiatry. Also called dementia cctvia. A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following symptoms: insatiable ip camera purchasing, new model lust, excessive night vision tweaking, compulsive firmware upgrading, CPU capability delusions, and WDR and noise hallucinations.

View attachment 6576

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I now have 2 Dahua HDW-4300C turrets, less spiders, point them anywhere, very good night vision. @Q2U, should I try a Hikvision? Better? Do they have 3 axis?
I believe that the more expensive (approx. $165.00 available from RyanODan @ Nelly's Security) Western Region DS-2CD2342WD-I is 3-axis ...but someone will have to confirm this. Try one? I dunno bro...there certainly are some more exciting cameras out there for the less.

To the tune of the Meow Mix song...

Drool! Drool! Drool! Drool!

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Q2U @fenderman

On the Hikvisions, on the multicasting setup, is there a setting for, "Always Multicast" or something similar? Can you look and see?

In a multicast environment, the switches control multicasting, the camera should always stream. Dahua will not do this, works great if you open the web page and choose "multicast", but if I close the webpage I loose the stream. Can't quack it. Pelco, does the same but can be "convinced" to stream all the time, this is intentional to sell there VMS, Endura. Vivotek, JVC, Axis, Synectics, and most other high dollar cameras do this correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision turrets with another one on the way- great cameras!

Give this a look.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision turrets with another one on the way- great cameras!

Give this a look.
These were great a few years ago... Although, I still have one, moved it to garage where IQ doesn't matter much.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Can the turrets be mounted on walls as well as ceilings?
From what I'm reading, and @Q2U just said in a post, the Hikvisions turrets can not effectively be placed on a wall easily. A 2-axis camera has to be placed level, on a house eve or interior ceiling. A Dahua HDW-4300C however can be, it is 3-axis.

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's the Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I I purchased just over a year ago. It is mounted vertically on an exterior wall above my deck. There were no issues aiming it downward. After all, it's just a ball that turns in an external housing. I also have 2 that are mounted horizontally on the underside of my eaves.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered a DS-2CD2332-I

I don't think this is either...
The 2332 is 3 axis...i cant imagine how a turret could be designed not be be 3 axis...The 2332 will have better low light performance than the 4300c, at least in my opinion. With hikvision i prefer the 2mp or 4mp wdr models as they perform better in low light over the 3mp.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Q2U @fenderman

On the Hikvisions, on the multicasting setup, is there a setting for, "Always Multicast" or something similar? Can you look and see?

In a multicast environment, the switches control multicasting, the camera should always stream. Dahua will not do this, works great if you open the web page and choose "multicast", but if I close the webpage I loose the stream. Can't quack it. Pelco, does the same but can be "convinced" to stream all the time, this is intentional to sell there VMS, Endura. Vivotek, JVC, Axis, Synectics, and most other high dollar cameras do this correctly.
I have never used the multicast function..there is a place to enter the multicast address and you can select multicast in the live view parameter options...the manual may have the info you need. http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013101807092095969.pdf