1080p POE Camera Recommendation

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I looked at a few of these Hikvision turret cameras. They are around $130 to $140 range. I thought going to non-PTZ would be cheaper. Should I get the Mini PTZ 3x bullet cams instead? I already have a 10x Min PTZ cam and like it so far. The 3x Mini PTZ should cost about the same (plus shipping). Do I make any sense?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I looked at a few of these Hikvision turret cameras. They are around $130 to $140 range. I thought going to non-PTZ would be cheaper. Should I get the Mini PTZ 3x bullet cams instead? I already have a 10x Min PTZ cam and like it so far. The 3x Mini PTZ should cost about the same (plus shipping). Do I make any sense?
That's exactly why I jumped on this, Hikvision cams are in the same price range with sub par night quality and no PTZ, but they do have more mature firmware. I did buy 3x PTZ as well and using it for backyard patio. It's actually slightly wider then 2.8mm lens on Hiks, but... I feel like Hikvision 4MP > Huisun 2MP for daylight. So I am still looking to replace Hik 4MP dome with 2.8mm that covers my somewhat long driveway with something better and it's not going to be Huisun.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I understand it, one advantage of that 3x PTZ may have for some folks (over the 10x PTZ) is a wider field of view, with the 3x PTZ FOV starting at 3mm where as the 10x PTZ has a field of view that starts at 5.1mm.