12 Camera System 2017

Reaction score
I am looking to install a 12 camera system that is scalable. We have a very large building an future growth is important. I have a maximum of 3k to spend and have procurve poe switches throughout the building. I have looked at the ubiquiti nvr and cameras because we have the access points. These cameras seem to be expensive and require a $20 part to make them work with our POE. I am also not completely sure how scalable they are. We also have a need for live viewing on site and remotely. I also plan on creating a vlan for the camera network. I am very interested in dahua and building a blue iris server. Please let me know of suggestions on this.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to install a 12 camera system that is scalable. We have a very large building an future growth is important. I have a maximum of 3k to spend and have procurve poe switches throughout the building. I have looked at the ubiquiti nvr and cameras because we have the access points. These cameras seem to be expensive and require a $20 part to make them work with our POE. I am also not completely sure how scalable they are. We also have a need for live viewing on site and remotely. I also plan on creating a vlan for the camera network. I am very interested in dahua and building a blue iris server. Please let me know of suggestions on this.
Welcome Edwin,

Definitely take a look at the links above, as you already have PoE switches you're ahead of the game already.

If you need low light cameras definitely go for the Dahua starlights - they are very nice.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't go with Ubiquiti cams just because you have some of their other gear. Their network stuff is excellent. Their cams? Not so much. I use their wireless gear to tie in multiple brands of cameras to my BI servers.