2 Urgent Questions! (BlueIris and Hikvision iVM4200)

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With Dahua, you can have an ONVIF user/password that will get that Bad response comment if it isn't right.

If you go into the HIK NVR and go to the users, is there a tab or option anywhere that says ONVIF user?
no, only one user (admin). Tried adding but no way to add any ONVIF type user.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well bummer. It was worth a try. Hopefully alastairstevenson jumps on soon with some additional thoughts!

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really appreciate your time and effort here, more than you know. thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No problem - I just want you to get your money's worth with BI - and once you get past this hurdle, you will see it is way better than the iVM.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
THINK I sussed it.

I did as you said, over and over, trying different things.

I chose NVR, but after importing (no stream), I selected a different camera in cam dropdown, still no good but then went to PTZ and changed the default Hikvision/ABUS to DS-DF... something or other. Suddenly pan til is working. wow. :)

Now I have to decide if I have time to get to know BI well enough to get it recording locally, and see about the app. I can try the workaround you suggested (and will) but is the app better than Hikvision's iphone app, do you know?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!!

Just to get it recording for now, simply go to the Recording tab in each camera and tell it to record continuous.

And then you can fine tune it when you get time.

That will at least get you the basics going.

I would say try the UI3 first. Most have found it better than the paid app. If you feel it works, then go for it and save $10.

Many will say the paid BI app feels dated compared to some of the others. It has been a long time since I used the Hik app, but I would say for the PTZ component, it is probably comparable, maybe a little better than the Hik app when I last used it. But 99% of the time I am using UI3 instead of the paid app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can control the PTZ in UI3.

Some find it a little clumsy, but if you are ok with it, no sense paying for the app!

I will say if you are using the PTZ and moving it around quite a bit, you will find the paid app is probably a little easier to use, especially on a phone.

If I have a quick look to do I use UI3, but if I need to be controlling it for awhile, I will switch to the app.

larryhagman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We set up loads of alerts/line crossing etc in acusense in the cameras/NVR. Can these be pushed to BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We set up loads of alerts/line crossing etc in acusense in the cameras/NVR. Can these be pushed to BI?
Here is how you can set up BI to just alert based on ONVIF triggers.

There are a few places you need to set this up in Blue Iris (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI, which you have):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)