24 Hours of snapshots

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1 snapshot a minute plus 3 for every motion detect.
Camera Aote 1.3MP

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is setup for 1 snapshot a minute plus 3 snapshots for every motion detect saved via FTP.

Last edited by a moderator:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like fun! It could be practical since it gives a quick overview of what happened throughout an entire day. You'd just need slower playback to see meaningful information. Any footage of who's car leaked on the pavement? ;) First thought somebody washed their car, but it doesn't dry up ...

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't normally make a video of the snapshots.........
But when I do, I post them on youtube and put links everywhere.

Most of the time I just view the snapshots to see what happen on our street.

Last edited by a moderator:

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like fun! It could be practical since it gives a quick overview of what happened throughout an entire day. You'd just need slower playback to see meaningful information. Any footage of who's car leaked on the pavement? ;) First thought somebody washed their car, but it doesn't dry up ...
That is the street crying, been weeping for four week. We had to call the city twice to get them out to look at it.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought it looked wet, rather than stained. Surprised they don't prioritize fixing the water line break. There has to be a significant amount of water leaking into the surrounding under ground before it bubbles up through the pavement. But, I guess they have to have a few meetings to coordinate the pavement repair.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why take snapshots and than make a video of them, rather than just record video?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You take snapshots to see whats going on in the street? I still do not get it. I have my recorders set for constant record at a very low frame rate, and than when there is motion, kick up the frame rate. Than when I play back to 'see what's going on in the street' I have 24 hours of recording, but I can click on motion only events and pin point when there was activity. By recording at constant, there is no chance of losing anything.

framednlv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't normally have the camera saving snapshots every minute. Normal operation on the one camera is 3 pictures for each motion detection. I find this camera has the best motion detection of all the ones I have tried. I also find it faster to check the snapshots compared to viewing the motion detection video on the NVR.
I have the Nelley's 8ch NVR that is recording 24/7 and tags motion detection on one of my cameras.

It is just an option I chose to explore and found I like it.

I've seen this questioned in other post on the internet, yet wonder if the person questioning has tried it.

dalepa

Reaction score
You take snapshots to see whats going on in the street? I still do not get it. I have my recorders set for constant record at a very low frame rate, and than when there is motion, kick up the frame rate. Than when I play back to 'see what's going on in the street' I have 24 hours of recording, but I can click on motion only events and pin point when there was activity. By recording at constant, there is no chance of losing anything.
In BI?

How do you record constant at a low frame rate, then change the frame rate during motion events?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the NVR itself, in the schedule you enable constant record and motion record. Than in encoding, you tell regular recording to be at around 5fps and than motion recording to be around 12-15fps. 30fps is overkill IMO and a hard drive killer.

dalepa

Reaction score
In the NVR itself, in the schedule you enable constant record and motion record. Than in encoding, you tell regular recording to be at around 5fps and than motion recording to be around 12-15fps. 30fps is overkill IMO and a hard drive killer.
ahh... so this isn't being done in Blue Iris? I couldn't find a way in BI to change the frame rate...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doing it this way works out great. There's no chance of missing a motion event and your hdd thanks you

- - - Updated - - -

I do not know BI, but how do you normally change the fps on your cameras?

dalepa

Reaction score
Doing it this way works out great. There's no chance of missing a motion event and your hdd thanks you

- - - Updated - - -

I do not know BI, but how do you normally change the fps on your cameras?

yea, that sounds like a very good way to do it, however in BI I have't found a way to change the FPS during a motion event.

In BI I can record continuously at a different FPS (great for time lapse) however it would be nice to be able to continuously record at 1 FPS, then bump the FPS to 30 during a motion event. If anyone has found a way in BI, I'de like to know...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont believe this can be done in BI. The closest you can get is setting up two clone cameras and just record 1 at 1fps and the other on motion.