2CD2032 Bricked, please help tftp novice

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've read a ton of articles about restoring my Aliexpress bought 2CD2032-I and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I naively thought upgrading a firmware was as simple as a mobo, predictably I went to hikvision, downloaded the latest 5.3.0, to replace the shipped 5.2.5, installed the new firmware through the web GUI for the camera and then....nothing.

Using POE, the IR lights flash on when the rj45 is connected, then come on again peroidically, which I'm taking to be a power cycle loop, the IR lights stay lit for quite a while

I've tried pressing the reset button, then reset with power
The camera doesn't show up in SADP,
I've tried changing my IP address to 192.0.0.128 to follow the sticky on this forum
I don't have a clue how to use TFTP and for the life of me can't seem to find a decent guide to get me started
After reading lots, I realised I haven't backed up my MTD5 or 6...but I haven't altered them either if that's useful info

i've downloaded the 5.2.5 firmware frrm a thread which i can't remember now

Can anyone offer any advice, or point me in the direction of a good guide?

Appreciate any help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A copy of the Hikvision-specific tftp updater (no longer available for download from Hikvision) and the usage instructions are within the download link on the first poste here : https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English
And the Downgrader firmare - the 1-line version should work best.
Best have the PC wired (not on WiFi), best Win7 not Win10 (though Win10 works, just less often) and best with the camera wired as normal to the switch or router.
When you first run the tftp server, be sure to agree to allow it access via the Windows firewall, or nothing will work.
And the 3.x version of SADP works pretty well : http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the reply and the link

I downloaded the tool, which contains everything, including screenshots...very impressed with that ;-)

However, it doesn't seem to finish off the task

My laptop, via HikTools, connects to the camera, it transmits the firmware, but I never get to the "completed" stage, I waited 15 mins and it still didn't happen.

I tried twice, still no luck.

Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What does SADP now show for the camera? In particular, what firmware version does it report?
What firmware version shows on the label on the camera?

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it doesn't show up in SADP at all, haven't got as far as correcting the firmware mess up I made

It shows 5.3.0 on both the box and the camera, when I originally connected to it though, it showed 5.2.5, which is why I went down the whole firmware upgrade route, talk about regretting it now ;-(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it doesn't show in SADP, it may be in a boot loop and not even going into 'min-system' mode.
The way to confirm that could be:
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
At a command prompt, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64'
Power cycle the camera.
Normal would be 2 or 3 responses a second or so after power on, then nothing, with no repeats.
If the responses repeat, then the camera is in a boot loop.
The remedy will be to somehow find the firmware that works with it.
On the '5.2.5 Downgrader' firmware - did you use the '1-line version'?

*edit* It looks like the link to the 1-line version is broken. This should be it : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

So I ran the ping, and it just says "destination not reachable"

I then power cycled it while running ping.

Almost immediately I got 2 replies then a continuous stream of "destination not reachable"

Fairly certain it was the 1-line version, (the link was working for me the other day).

I've downloaded the whole 5.3.0 downgrader again from the latest link you just provided, ran it as per the included instructions and again, the very last step eludes me, it just does not get there.

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wahoooo!!!!

I have got my camera back, and all the UI is in English as well.

I can't thank you enough for your time and dedication to helping me out.

To recap for anyone finding this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connect the camera to a switch, connect the PC to a switch
OR
Connect the PC to the LAN side of POE injector and the camera to the POE connection (this is what I did)

Manually set the PC to have an IP address of 192.0.0.128

Download the tools here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4oss...rader.rar?dl=0
These tools consist of the HikTools TFTP server, the firmware and some very good instructions

With the camera unplugged (powered down), extract the zip file and simply double click on the TFTP server to run it,
Connect, (power on) the camera and the already running TFTP server will start to show more information automagically.
If you're lucky, this will have done the job

If things haven't reset back to normal you might need to change the language of the firmware
Download the tools here https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...e-own-firmware

Copy the firmware (digicap.dav), from the 1st download into the folder of the second download
Confirm that you can talk to the firmware by running the following command from a DOS box

"hiktools digicap.dav" (without the quotes of course ;-)

The iLanguage value might be set to 2 for Chinese

To change the language to English run the following command

"hiktools lang digicap.dav 1" (1 changes it to English/Multilanguage)

Copy the modified firmware back to the 1st folder
Power down the camera, run the TFTP server again, power on the camera and basically repeat the 1st step as you did a moment ago.

At this point it should get you to the Completed stage of the firmware reset part.

From here you can use the existing Hiktools to connect to the camera and use Internet explorer to interact with the User Interface

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have got my camera back, and all the UI is in English as well.
Excellent!
Well done for getting there, and also for taking the time to explain how you did it which will help others in the same position.