2CD2332-I 4mm question

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried all the events detection mechanisms that the firmware 5.1.6 has, and all of them miss a lot of events. They cannot keep sending emails even on a continuous motion present. Therefore I as DelBoy (and a lot of other users) do not trust the reliability of the 2CD2332 firmware 5.1.6 motion detection and I have reverted to continuous recording and motion detection for the email alerts. The line detection could be very usefull if it was reliable. Instead when I draw the area in the motion detection panel, I draw the perimeter of the area I want detected. In this way I imitate the line detection but with a thicker line instead of the thin line in the line detection.
Good to know this tip with the motion detection. I just have the whole thing enabled like it came from the factory. My cameras are using firmware 5.2.0 if that makes any difference.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least 22 days - that's if it's CBR 4096 - if the background isn't moving too much then it will last a lot longer. But with VBR... how long's a piece of string?

EDIT: I used this https://exacq.com/config/ in case anyone else wants to use it.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At least 22 days - that's if it's CBR 4096 - if the background isn't moving too much then it will last a lot longer. But with VBR... how long's a piece of string?

EDIT: I used this https://exacq.com/config/ in case anyone else wants to use it.
If I can get over two weeks that is probably sufficient for what I am trying to do. Thank you for the help and the link.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice setup! Gotta love the 2332s... I am always pleased with the image quality when people post up.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice setup! Gotta love the 2332s... I am always pleased with the image quality when people post up.
Thanks, lots of good folks and advice on this site that gave me a ton of help. The older I get the less tech savy I become. I can run wires and cables all day but the software and firmware side of this is kicking my butt!! I was tinkering with one of the cameras setting last night try to change some of the sttings suggested and the resolution when changed to 3mp and 20fps and saying successful kept reverting back for some reason. The other settings when changed held where they were set. Anybody have any clue as to why this is happening or am I as usual missing a step?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you changing it directly from the camera or the NVR? And I have heard this before... I will remember how to fix by the time you answer (hopefully!)

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you changing it directly from the camera or the NVR? And I have heard this before... I will remember how to fix by the time you answer (hopefully!)
I was doing all of the changes through the camera interface not through the nvr.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't remember but pretty sure it's something stupid like unplug and replug camera in, reboot router and reboot computer. Or trusted sites. It's something really annoying like that. I might have to sleep on this one or hopefully someone else will remember.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try changing it to 3MP and then saving it, then changing the FPS and saving it again.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it I went back in each camera again and tried to change the resolution just like last night and each one worked perfectly! I was able to change the settings and get out and back in and they were fine. Wonder whats up with that? Oh well they are set now. Thanks everyone.

Spoke too soon! The one I was trying last night held for about 3 minutes and changed back! Now they have all reverted back to the default resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well don't know what the heck is going on but all four cameras reset back to the default resolution on their own. The other settings held but the resolution reverted back. Delboy said he remembered seeing this before and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction on this one.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are only two places that I seem to be able to access the camera resolution one is the camera interface and the other is the software that is installed on my iMac. I can only see very basic settings through the NVR using a mouse and monitor. There are two screenshots showing what I see through the iMac software. Also one camera shows nothing in the sub stream string box and the other three show the setting shown. Can anyone help me sort this out. Thanks, Jim

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try changing the resolution only and then rebooting the cameras right away and see if it sticks after a reboot. It could be a glitch that it's not saving after a reboot or something. I've seen odd things with tech before, anything is possible lol

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The resolution setting changes hold when done from here. The only issue is that the settings are not as complete as the camera interface. Does anyone know why the Front Camera could be missing the sub stream setting? When I click advanced settings for sub stream on that camera the program crashes and closes.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh crap... now I half remember. I have a Mac and PC and I think it was the Mac iVMS 4200 that wasn't saving the settings (but yours is?). If you click HIGH on video quality it doesn't save right?

Anyway... set resolution at 1080p here and then set other video settings from within the camera. Have you got a PC handy or a laptop you can borrow?

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh crap... now I half remember. I have a Mac and PC and I think it was the Mac iVMS 4200 that wasn't saving the settings (but yours is?). If you click HIGH on video quality it doesn't save right?

Anyway... set resolution at 1080p here and then set other video settings from within the camera. Have you got a PC handy or a laptop you can borrow?
It saves the settings through this software but not through sadp. If I change to the highest resolution through this interface it seems to work fine. Look at the the first camera sub stream versus the second, three of the four have the same info in the drop down box and the front camera has nothing. Does that mean anything?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It saves the settings through this software but not through sadp. If I change to the highest resolution through this interface it seems to work fine. Look at the the first camera sub stream versus the second, three of the four have the same info in the drop down box and the front camera has nothing. Does that mean anything?
Are you using iVMS or SADP? I will get my Mac out later and have a play.