2CD2332-I 4mm question

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well it has been quite a journey but I finally have all four of my cameras up and recording. I am also finally able to access my cameras with the sadp utility and work with the various settings. I was wondering if anyone out there can give me a good baseline for the settings that I can use as a general starting point for these cameras to help get me started. Thanks

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have Hik 2332 Turret cams and all my settings I left at 50 and just changed my fps to 6.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Rudyjr, post a screenshot of both your camera view and your settings, then we can help tune it in for you.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Rudyjr, post a screenshot of both your camera view and your settings, then we can help tune it in for you.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Are you better off using the motion detection through the NVR software or by using the motion detection and or line crossing detection of the camera software? Right now it is enabled as it came out of the box. Thanks, Jim

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Through the camera (the NVR is just recording when the camera says). Don't touch the NVR motion detection after you've setup the camera.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Through the camera (the NVR is just recording when the camera says). Don't touch the NVR motion detection after you've setup the camera.
Thank you for that tip. I will get some screen shots when I figure out how to on an iMac.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't finish that sentence for some reason, don't touch NVR detection as it will overwrite camera one is the reason.

Install iVMS 4200 for Mac.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would:
Change resolution to 3MP
Turn SMART IR to ON
Turn WDR on and to 10

I'd also angle the flag one slightly left and down so it's not capturing a very dark ceiling and wall.

Give that a whirl, if it's worse, then set it back!

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Del Boy thats the kind of info I am looking for. I realize the front camera needs to be aimed better thats the best I could do with the wife helping me. What about the Frames per second setting? I keep reading to set it to 15 or 20 fps. If you set it to say 20 what other things need to be changed as well.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How big's the HDD? I normally say 15fps is the sweet spot but if you got lots of space then 20fps won't take up too much more.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How big's the HDD? I normally say 15fps is the sweet spot but if you got lots of space then 20fps won't take up too much more.
I have one 3tb WD purple drive so far installed in one bay. What do you know about the line crossing feature and intrusion detection features?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried all the events detection mechanisms that the firmware 5.1.6 has, and all of them miss a lot of events. They cannot keep sending emails even on a continuous motion present. Therefore I as DelBoy (and a lot of other users) do not trust the reliability of the 2CD2332 firmware 5.1.6 motion detection and I have reverted to continuous recording and motion detection for the email alerts. The line detection could be very usefull if it was reliable. Instead when I draw the area in the motion detection panel, I draw the perimeter of the area I want detected. In this way I imitate the line detection but with a thicker line instead of the thin line in the line detection.

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First off how long do you think that 3 tb drive will last with those 4 cameras set up like you suggested? I was really just curious about those other two features and curious as to wether anyone was using them successfully.