2mp 1080p Low lux Hisilicon POE camera

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Considering the cost of the cam, I think it looks fine.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The setup program wouldn't run, so I ran Wireshark to find the IP address (it was sitting at 192.168.0.123). I then logged in with IE (FF wouldn't work) and it wanted to load the plugin. Saved the plugin installer and executed it. Restarted IE and navigated to the camera's IP address and logged in successfully.

Attachments

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why is it (seemingly) always the left edge/side that's out of focus on these cheaper wide angle cameras...

I wonder if the narrower FOV versions would be free of this.

What's the web interface like? Clunky or does it seem like a pro job?

Thanks for the info Q!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it (seemingly) always the left edge/side that's out of focus on these cheaper wide angle cameras...

I wonder if the narrower FOV versions would be free of this.

What's the web interface like? Clunky or does it seem like a pro job?

Thanks for the info Q!
The UI is definitely a pro job IMO. At first glance the available settings appeared rather barren...but there are links which expose deeper, more intricate controls and settings.

We'll be able to tell more when I can get it outside later in the week, but all-in-all I'd say this cameras is most definitely worth US $48.00.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok...here are some snapshots from this camera which, IMO, is no "Low Lux" WondaCam. The focus on the left edge suQs and the background in night time images is fuzzy and washed out. For $48.00 it's a good camera to futz around with...but I won't be purchasing any more. But I'm REALLY excited to see what @klasipca has to post about his 5MP Low Light Destroyer!

In the images which follow, the rear center-frame gazebo is approximately 70-feet from the camera...

Attachments

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That blur on the left side is a defective lens. Have you tried contacting the seller and/or sending them that daytime snapshot? If you're lucky, they may send a replacement lens. This is a common issue with these kinds of lens and they're fairly cheap to replace.

Outside of the left part of the screen, the rest of the daytime image looks great IMO.

Night image is a little dull and grainy. It seems to ISO setting is having to go too high to compensate for the lack of light.... Perhaps it could be improved some with a shutter speed adjustment (or an aperture adjustment, but I doubt it offers that ability)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Night image is a little dull and grainy. It seems to ISO setting is having to go too high to compensate for the lack of light.... Perhaps it could be improved some with a shutter speed adjustment (or an aperture adjustment, but I doubt it offers that ability)
Here are the current settings...

Attachments

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
Still waiting for my tracking number to report back something besides "Not found" :sad2:

nando

n3wb
Reaction score
Try the tracking number at the FedX tracking site nando.
Thanks I actually just did that and realized there was a " 24" at the end that I didn't copy Fedex just shows that the label was created. But I forgot to go back on the EC-Firstclass site and check again with the FULL number.. USER ERROR.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My experience was strange. EC said it was in country. FedEx said it was in NJ. And then no update for a week. Then FedEx said it was moving. Then USPS delivered it a week after that.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Email to the seller/tech support folks...

Q™ said:
Hello Mardan. I hope this email finds you well and happy. If you are in Shenzhen I hope you and your family are not hurt.

I purchased this camera...

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7127766677.html?orderId=71203814515476

My problem...

1) Day Image: Left side is not focused very good

2) Night Image: Background is very blurred and shows a lot of noise

Is there a new firmware release which can help correct these issues?

I have attached two (2) snapshots which may help you understand the problems which I am trying to describe.

Please send me the newest firmware for this camera.

Thank you very much Mardan.

Attachments: 3

Q™

Attachments