2MP PIR Wifi camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but I think most of the feature is just a checkbox being ticked rather than usefully implemented. Will wait for the review

My predictions/comments
Pir - only truly useful must have feature
WiFi - depends on the setup (I actually have WiFi setup) does it have the Ethernet pigtail for the Poe folks?
White light - looking at the size of those led... Like a smart phone camera flash, not a useful led flood/spot light
Siren - depends on how it can be configure to trigger, badly implemented the false alarm can be a deal killer
2way Audio - nice to have, but depending on location usage not always needed

What I think is that these should be priced at competitive range with all these extra "bonus" features to help close the deal. Not as a reason for extra premium cost. But that's just my own opinion - shrug
You would be surprised at the light output of a small led. The light also is there to alert the person that he/she is being watched.
The siren on these is not overly loud as to bother you if you are sleeping. Again its there to alert the person and scare them away.
The two way audio is very useful for some. It doesnt matter if you dont want it.
This is a good camera for driveways or front doors to scare away thieves without having to wire a speaker. There is a 4k wired version for those with megapixel lcd.
If you dont need these features, there are MUCH better low light performance like the new 1831 and 2831 with 1/1.8" sensors. Yes they cost more, but the image is significantly better than these low end amcrests/dahua.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but I think most of the feature is just a checkbox being ticked rather than usefully implemented. Will wait for the review

My predictions/comments
Pir - only truly useful must have feature
WiFi - depends on the setup (I actually have WiFi setup) does it have the Ethernet pigtail for the Poe folks?
White light - looking at the size of those led... Like a smart phone camera flash, not a useful led flood/spot light
Siren - depends on how it can be configure to trigger, badly implemented the false alarm can be a deal killer
2way Audio - nice to have, but depending on location usage not always needed

What I think is that these should be priced at competitive range with all these extra "bonus" features to help close the deal. Not as a reason for extra premium cost. But that's just my own opinion - shrug
Yes, for those of us who want a quality and reliable setup we're going with a wired setup with IP POE which do the critical image capture well.

There's tons of consumers just jumping to give Nest, Ring, Arlo, Blink, and others piles of cash for cameras which are check list approved - so any company in this space will have to jump into that bucket in attempts to keep up "share holder value"

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
has anyone posted any video clips of this camera (besides the one from the lorex website)?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Based on Andy's comment about cheaper/destroying reolink, I was expecting these to be in the $60-80 range. Where it would be competitivly priced.
Correct, if ship with other orders can be cheap. I think lastly can do around 70-75usd, But have to check the quality firstly. ;)

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting for sure, would like to be able to roll through footage easier like Nest. I use my nest for situational awareness but if I need clips or clear video I go to my NVR. I also have a ton of light so bought a 8mp to test it out and see if it works at night with my set up, 150w LED 11' up on a pole and 300w about 30ish ' in the air.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting for sure, would like to be able to roll through footage easier like Nest. I use my nest for situational awareness but if I need clips or clear video I go to my NVR. I also have a ton of light so bought a 8mp to test it out and see if it works at night with my set up, 150w LED 11' up on a pole and 300w about 30ish ' in the air.
where did you find/buy the 8mp version? can you link please? TIA

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You would be surprised at the light output of a small led. The light also is there to alert the person that he/she is being watched.
The siren on these is not overly loud as to bother you if you are sleeping. Again its there to alert the person and scare them away.
The two way audio is very useful for some. It doesnt matter if you dont want it.
This is a good camera for driveways or front doors to scare away thieves without having to wire a speaker. There is a 4k wired version for those with megapixel lcd.
If you dont need these features, there are MUCH better low light performance like the new 1831 and 2831 with 1/1.8" sensors. Yes they cost more, but the image is significantly better than these low end amcrests/dahua.
The 4K version i already get it, tomorrow can leave some pics here, haha, maybe Monday can be delivered in US. Will use rocket speed way to ship.:D

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any update, Andy? I have a couple places in my yard that would be cool to put a WiFi camera instead of trenching through Texas limestone to run a network cable.

MrSparkle

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the IPC-C26E and have it setup now.
I used the Lechange for initial setup and have now turned off that connection to prevent my camera connecting to Dahua cloud.
http://<ipaddress>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Enable=false

I linked the camera to my Synology NAS, which works great, including the motion detection.

Due to the Lechange app not being able to reach the cam anymore, I don't have an option anymore to use the spotlight and the alarm.

Does anyone know if there's an http api for these functions? I've been looking all through the forums, the api docs and trying a lot of things, but nothing seems to activate it.
The config has
FlashLight.Enable=true
but this has no effect.

I can't find anything in SmartPSS or ConfigTool or ONVIF Device Manager either.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Today shipped this IPC-C26E to looney, can be delivered on 24th(if DHL still work on that day). Let's see how it's rolling.