2nd Amendment thread

Reaction score
Excerpt:

Minnesota Supreme Court rules that even when a person is actively being attacked and at risk of death they cannot defend themselves and brandish a deadly weapon if it is “reasonably possible to retreat”.
OK....WTF does "reasonably possible" mean? Is that how I see it, if I'm the victim fearing for my life? Or is it determined by the perp whose mind I cannot read and whose motive I don't know? Should I invite the perp over to the house for dinner? Maybe go have a drink with him to find out what his intentions are, what he plans to do with the knife? This whole thought process sounds like I might just spend too much time wondering what the perp's next move is and then sadly discover I waited too late and hope my surviving spouse can cover my burial expenses.

Gimme a frickin' break....better to be judged by 6 than carried by 12, IMO.:headbang::confused:
So if I am in my own house, and can "retreat" down a hallway, I am obligated to do that and allow them to ransack my home? F that.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So if I am in my own house, and can "retreat" down a hallway, I am obligated to do that and allow them to ransack my home? F that.
This is the complete opposite of "Stand Your Ground".
Minnesota lawmakers are Cowards!!!

They want you to give up your guns in fear of this new law...they are Clever Cowards...

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
As a member I get NRA emails like many of you do, no doubt. I was surprised by this one, I guess I'm not paying enough attention, I had not heard about this. I guess the bad guys will be thrilled with this, with all the potential terrorists coming over the border, and big crowds at state fairs.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 171400.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am mixed on this; Big Events with Alcohol, maybe not a good idea to carry, but need metal detectors IMO. It has been such a long time since I been to the Red River Shootout that I don't remember if they allow Alcohol. We use to always go during the Texas/OU games, so guessing they didn't. I know the times we went to A&M games, Kyle field, there was no Alcohol, but I always thought that was due to their steep stands/seating, I almost tumbled myself once :)

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
When I was in Oklahoma, it was a right to go down to the Big D, party drop,beer balloons,
get busted, let out and head to the game. I think the worst thing I ever heard of was,
the OU team serving BBQ to Texas. Unfortunately it was Bevo....(I don't know the validity)

Reaction score
I am mixed on this; Big Events with Alcohol, maybe not a good idea to carry, but need metal detectors IMO. It has been such a long time since I been to the Red River Shootout that I don't remember if they allow Alcohol. We use to always go during the Texas/OU games, so guessing they didn't. I know the times we went to A&M games, Kyle field, there was no Alcohol, but I always thought that was due to their steep stands/seating, I almost tumbled myself once :)
I agree. Alcohol and guns do not mix...they never mix.