2nd Amendment thread

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^ "The deceased, 41-year-old Rodney Lee Martin, was found inside the home with a stolen firearm on his person, authorities said."

Interesting. So he stole the gun. So more gun laws would not have prevented this? Interesting indeed.
Oh, sure! More laws! At least that's what the dimms think and propose.
(Pssst...keep this to yourself.....the strictest gun laws in the nation are in Chicago.....they had 104 shootings this past 4th...a new record!) ;)

Reaction score
Alright gentlemen (and ladies???) ... Curious as to what you might suggest.

I am pre-planning a hike for next summer in Wyoming. The area has been increasing in Grizzly activity over the last 20 years, and I don't think my little pea-shooter 9mm would cut it if worse came to worse. More likely that I won't ever see one, but this is an opportunity to claim extreme need and justify buying just One More Gun. I certainly could use my Rem 870 with slugs and my slug barrel-- but loaded up that would be 10 pounds of weight. This hike starts at 9,200 feet and ends at over 12,000. A loaded pistol would be enough extra weight already.

So--- with that said, what sub ~$700 or so pistol in .45ACP would you strap to your hip?

Definitely prefer a semi-auto over a revolver.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure about pricing, but a Ruger Redhawk, or Blackhawk, in 44 mag would be appropriate. They are a little heavier but you want the extra knock down power, I think. I'm still a wheel gun fan, never had a jam with one.
^^^^^^This. Will be around the $1k mark, worth every penny. Hope you can find ammo.
Practice your head shots.
Grizzly would eat a 45acp for a snack.
500S&W is well, is as much as a friggin beast, as a grizzly.

Reaction score
^^^^^^This. Will be around the $1k mark, worth every penny. Hope you can find ammo.
Practice your head shots.
Grizzly would eat a 45acp for a snack.
500S&W is well, is as much as a friggin beast, as a grizzly.
Hmmmm.....

I was told by someone else that I better look at 10mm rather than .45acp.....

LOL... a post like this is kind of like asking mechanics what is the best oil. :rofl:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I can tell you this about the 44. I fired six rounds at a pine tree that was about 50 feet away and 12 inches in diameter. I almost cut the tree down doing it. Every round, full brass round nose, went right through the tree. That was with a 7-1/2" Redhawk. If that won't stop a grizzly, nothing will.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

I was told by someone else that I better look at 10mm rather than .45acp.....

LOL... a post like this is kind of like asking mechanics what is the best oil. :rofl:
I would rather have a 10 then a 45, but it's still no where close to a 44m

The best oil is what is changed regularly, and not the manufactures oil meter. They only need the engine to last 3 years and 36,000 miles.

And we wonder why these discussions get off track before making the full rounds back to the original topic. :):confused::cool::banghead::D:highfive::rofl::ipct: