2nd Amendment thread

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I reading different accounts of this from many angles.

Some saying they didn’t go in, setup a perimeter, took too long to neutralize him

Some saying they did go in and engage and kill the guy rather quickly

Some saying they went in right behind him but he barricaded and it quickly became a hostage situation.

Not sure where the truth is. Could be he shot them all in a few short moments after entering the classroom, shots ceased, they had him isolated, felt no need to rush in (he had the advantage) until a SWAT team got there…? Dunno?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Latest

Update (1630ET): The gunman who massacred 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas lingered outside for 12 minutes firing shots at people in a funeral home across the street, before scaling a fence onto school grounds where he fired more shots. He then entered the school and barricading himself in a classroom before opening fire, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Victor Escalon, a regional director for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he couldn’t say why no one stopped the deceased gunman, 18 year-old Salvador Ramos, from entering the school during that time Tuesday. Most of the shots Ramos fired came during the first several minutes when he entered the school, Mr. Escalon said.
DPS officials previously said an armed school officer confronted Ramos as he arrived at the school. Mr. Escalon said Thursday that information was incorrect and no one encountered Ramos as he arrived at the school. “There was not an officer readily available and armed,” Mr. Escalon said. -WSJ

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Last I heard, and from the Uvalde Chief of Police at a news conference, is that it was over an hour before a tactical unit arrived to engage the shooter, a CBP unit. There was no LEO on duty at or in the school at the time the incident started. Police arrived and entered the building, once they managed to find a way in. They were fired upon by the shooter and retreated to await more LEO and tactical gear. Parents, understandably, were going crazy outside and LEO set up a perimeter. A mother was handcuffed, a father tackled and knocked to the ground, another father wat pepper sprayed and one more was tased.

In short LEO did not follow the current plan and protocol for a school shooting situation which is to immediately engage. They did attempt once, but after being fired upon they withdrew. There will be a lot of tough questions asked about the whole chain of events and I'll bet there will be a fair number of resignations. I would not want to be one of those LEO and have to live with what happened while I was on "perimeter duty".

I would think a team of at least two would have worked their way around the outside of the building and engaged the shooter that way, through the windows, while a second team did the same from the inside.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last I heard, and from the Uvalde Chief of Police at a news conference, is that it was over an hour before a tactical unit arrived to engage the shooter, a CBP unit. There was no LEO on duty at or in the school at the time the incident started. Police arrived and entered the building, once they managed to find a way in. They were fired upon by the shooter and retreated to await more LEO and tactical gear. Parents, understandably, were going crazy outside and LEO set up a perimeter. A mother was handcuffed, a father tackled and knocked to the ground, another father wat pepper sprayed and one more was tased.

In short LEO did not follow the current plan and protocol for a school shooting situation which is to immediately engage. They did attempt once, but after being fired upon they withdrew. There will be a lot of tough questions asked about the whole chain of events and I'll bet there will be a fair number of resignations. I would not want to be one of those LEO and have to live with what happened while I was on "perimeter duty".

I would think a team of at least two would have worked their way around the outside of the building and engaged the shooter that way, through the windows, while a second team did the same from the inside.
Yep I’ve read that too. Again there are conflicting accounts out there. That alone tells me the ball was dropped and a lot of ass covering is in progress…

Reaction score
In reality, until all of the info is known, and it is released, and is truthful and accurate, any discussion about that school shooting is speculation. There is a huge amount of MSM bias about this. Many conflicting reports and media that will distort anything for their own agenda. Then you have the authorities that will spin things to cover themselves if they did something wrong.

I would really like to see an official timeline. As far as taking an hour to do something, I just do not know if that was the case. It is possible that officers were inside attempting to do something while the perimeter was being manned. The parents outside really had no way of knowing what was going on inside. It is possible that this was an inside classroom with no windows to the outside. For the officers to assume that the perp killed everyone in the first few minutes and therefor were not in any hurry is just plain wrong if that is true. How many were only wooded and may have survived if they had medical attention quickly.

I really do no like to think that the officers would not do something to help those children.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Latest from DPS

Update (1250ET): In a very emotional and defensive press conference this morning, Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw admitted said the decision of officers to wait to enter the building was the "wrong" one.

"In retrospect, from where I am sitting from right now, clearly there were kids in the room. It's important for live saving proposes to immediately get there and render aid," McCraw said.
"Of course it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision."

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Latest from DPS

Update (1250ET): In a very emotional and defensive press conference this morning, Texas DPS Director Steven McCraw admitted said the decision of officers to wait to enter the building was the "wrong" one.

"In retrospect, from where I am sitting from right now, clearly there were kids in the room. It's important for live saving proposes to immediately get there and render aid," McCraw said.
"Of course it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision."

Pandemic lessons continue:

Lesson: DO NOT trust the Government to protect you or your loved ones.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you ever noticed that That the MSM always has mistakes in their headlines, and their articles are littered with mistakes? Just saw this quote from ABC and it is misquoted 99% of the time by the MSM.

They say: Most Americans support gun reform measures including universal background checks and red flag laws

The real truth is: At most, 220 Americans support gun reform measures including universal background checks and red flag laws

There, I fixed it for them.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
My job is to Protect and Serve.......unless somebody might shoot a bullet at you. Then it is Retreat and wait for somebody else deal with it. Hate to think it, but maybe the Dems were onto something when they wanted to get rid of all the police and just hire social workers........social workers would have done the exact same thing.:wtf:

Social Workers can be hired for about half the cost of a cop too....