2nd Amendment thread

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
An honest mistake but couldn't have happened at a worse time. Since the 6 guns were supposed to go to an auto mechanic shop they will probably be visited by ATF now.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears in this article this dude may be carrying a blackpowder percussion revolver which is "typically" not regulated by FFL requirements. Odd pic to include in this article but then again, some lib States have dealers so scared they'll only ship them to an FFL dealer instead of directly to the buyer's home.

1661571530345.png

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
PSA

ATF Shows Up At People's Homes To Confiscate Rare Breed FRT-15 Triggers

ATF Shows Up At People's Homes To Confiscate Rare Breed FRT-15 Triggers | ZeroHedge

A new report from the gun blog website AmmoLand Shooting Sports News claims that Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) agents have shown up at the homes of "multiple people" to confiscate previously legal forced reset triggers for AR-15 style rifles that were recently classified as "machine guns."

According to the report, it is unknown how the ATF acquired the customers' information - though the owners in question acquired their triggers via Gun Broker or the Rare Breed Triggers website.

more here....
More from the ATF gestapo

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Ergo my concern about an idiot yelling "He has a gun!" because said idiot sees the gun printing underneath clothing. Not exactly the situation I have in mind but....you never know if someone else also concealing a gun starts shooting then asks questions later.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Ergo my concern about an idiot yelling "He has a gun!" because said idiot sees the gun printing underneath clothing. Not exactly the situation I have in mind but....you never know if someone else also concealing a gun starts shooting then asks questions later.

Seems a bit too quick to fire esepcially as it was not being poitned towards anyone.

Also have to questioin if the force was excessive - 5 or6 shots when there's no real threat? If the guy raised the gun then Yes I could udnerstand shooiting until he dropped it but to empty the mag into a guy just standing there with the gun pointing straight down at the floor by his side.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seems a bit too quick to fire esepcially as it was not being poitned towards anyone.

Also have to questioin if the force was excessive - 5 or6 shots when there's no real threat? If the guy raised the gun then Yes I could udnerstand shooiting until he dropped it but to empty the mag into a guy just standing there with the gun pointing straight down at the floor by his side.
Maybe the Officer was trying to protect the other officer you see her struggling with the guy...though the gun was out of his left hand when the cop shot him...what is wild is the guy is walking around in the background with his gun in hand when the cops arrived...guess they were focused on the person shot...bottom line, had the guy dropped the gun when the cop instructed him to do so he would be alive today...sad scene either way...two brothers are dead...

1661774381177.png
1661773793558.png1661773895376.png1661774652251.png

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the problems that was stressed when I was taking firearms training is the "automatic" fire until empty reflex that panic can easily induce. It takes a lot of practice and constant practice to resist that urge and it varies from person to person. There are countless examples of this for years and it will continue to be a problem until all law enforcement agencies take firearms training seriously and make it a mandatory weekly program. The problem is the expense in both time and equipment, but it seems a small price to pay to reduce/eliminate mistakes.

I trained weekly for about five years. I haven't had that kind of specific training in over 30 years, but I still fire twice and stop to see where the shots went, even at the range. I have to "force", consciously think about it, myself to fire until empty when I want to do that.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I dunno about this one. Tough call because we’re not seeing his full peripheral real well and whether he was concerned about the guy struggling with the other cop and the gun…

7 targeted shots, not excessive in my book. Not a full spray and pray uncontrolled mag dump.

Once you’ve made the decision to shoot I can’t argue with shooting until you feel the threat has ended. The number of shots isn’t a consideration at that point nor are you likely to be counting.

Was he a little to quick on the trigger? Maybe. But I wasn’t there in his shoes and the guy with the gun was a dumbass for a) walking around the scene with a gun in his hand, cop didn’t know who he was at that point, and b) not immediately dropping it when told and struggling with the other cop over the gun

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I dunno about this one. Tough call because we’re not seeing his full peripheral real well and whether he was concerned about the guy struggling with the other cop and the gun…

7 targeted shots, not excessive in my book. Not a full spray and pray uncontrolled mag dump.

Once you’ve made the decision to shoot I can’t argue with shooting until you feel the threat has ended. The number of shots isn’t a consideration at that point nor are you likely to be counting.

Was he a little to quick on the trigger? Maybe. But I wasn’t there in his shoes and the guy with the gun was a dumbass for a) walking around the scene with a gun in his hand, cop didn’t know who he was at that point, and b) not immediately dropping it when told and struggling with the other cop over the gun
And c) Why was he not helping his shot brother?, unless the threat (other guy) was still around...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know about shooting him in the back after he was fleeing but how much you want to bet if this violent person survived he would have been the source of domestic violence against some poor women down the road.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about shooting him in the back after he was fleeing but how much you want to bet if this violent person survived he would have been the source of domestic violence against some poor women down the road.

Agreed. I had a coworker always tell me not to engage with radical drivers and make them angrier, he said I would be responsible for that person going home and beating his wife. In away he had a point.

What I saw, the young guy was shot in the front first and as he turned was then shot in the shoulder/back the last two rounds. To me there is a big difference in someone no longer being a threat and being shot in the back but this guy was shot while he was trying to break the door down.

Here is the threat, no one knows what this guy was thinking and would do once he got in the house. I would protect my daughter too...