2. Was it on a watch list
....How long has it been on that watch list
3. Was there a 3 letter agency in contact with it beforehand
....Which one(s)

I'm not holding my breath waiting for answers

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
She planned it this way. She notified a prior schoolmate that she was going to commit suicide and that it would be on national news. She couldn't do it herself, because she didnt have the balls. She made the cops do it for her.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Homeowner should get a rebate on his property taxes as well, since they saved them so much money on arrest, indictment, prosecution, imprisonment, etc....I think a least a grand would be fair. :idk:

Reaction score
She had a prior history of suicidal tendencies. It should be interesting to see if the firearms were purchased legally or if she got them somehow else. I dont trust the media right now saying they were purchased legally.
By every indication purchased legally, since she had no prior police record, nor any interactions with authorities. Whatever treatment she was receiving for depression or suicidal ideation was strictly known within the family. Apparently she never threatened anyone. Her parents told her to get rid of her guns, and she promptly hid them until the day of the shooting. She even made a point of purchasing each gun from a different gun shop to avoid any suspicion.

This was about as unforeseeable an event as law enforcement will ever encounter. The one good change that will result from this incident is that schools and churches that haven't done so will quickly upgrade their doors. If Covenant had installed reinforced mesh glass doors, she could have blown out the glass and set off an alarm, but the police would have arrived before she ever got into the building.

Reports also indicate that she considered at least one other target, but decided against it due to its better security. Covenant was a very soft target, with no security officer, and she was familiar with the layout.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw my wife watching the awesome bodycam video from police - well done Nashville P.D. your city and nation are proud of you! Uvalde police should be required to watch this.
That's for sure. The MNPD impressed everyone. At least the lessons of Uvalde have not been lost on other police departments. Get in quickly, find the shooter, take him out, and save lives. Those officers did not hesitate the moment they assembled their team.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
By every indication purchased legally, since she had no prior police record, nor any interactions with authorities. Whatever treatment she was receiving for depression or suicidal ideation was strictly known within the family. Apparently she never threatened anyone. Her parents told her to get rid of her guns, and she promptly hid them until the day of the shooting. She even made a point of purchasing each gun from a different gun shop to avoid any suspicion.

This was about as unforeseeable an event as law enforcement will ever encounter. The one good change that will result from this incident is that schools and churches that haven't done so will quickly upgrade their doors. If Covenant had installed reinforced mesh glass doors, she could have blown out the glass and set off an alarm, but the police would have arrived before she ever got into the building.

Reports also indicate that she considered at least one other target, but decided against it due to its better security. Covenant was a very soft target, with no security officer, and she was familiar with the layout.
I am understanding they found a saw off shotgun when they searched her parents home. Maybe some of them were purchased legally. Somehow, I don't think that one was,

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
The really bad part about this? (besides the 6 deaths). The old school classmate (Averianna Patton) the shooter sent a text message to almost 15 minutes before she shot her way into the school, called Metro 911 to report the text message. What did 911 tell her to do? "Hang up and call back on the non-emergency number." By the time she was able to report it to the non-emergency number, the deaths had already started. Our local TV MSM is muting out that part of the interview. Typical MSM.

Reaction score
I am understanding they found a saw off shotgun when they searched her parents home. Maybe some of them were purchased legally. Somehow, I don't think that one was,
I have to wonder if she modified the shotgun herself, or had someone do it for her. I'm sure the MNPD are looking into that right now.