4.2.8 - January 7, 2016 - Hardware Acceleration

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel the computer itself runs better on Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7, but when the upgrade was complete, I used the "reset this PC" option to do a clean install. At that time, I was unaware I could just use my Windows 7 Product Key to activate my installation of Windows 10, otherwise I would've just done a clean installation from the beginning.

Which version of Windows 7 are you running? Pro or a home edition?

Make sure you prevent Windows 10 from doing automatic updates, there are a couple of ways to do this.

You can prevent Windows 10 from automatically installing updates by disabling the Windows update service. Open the task manager, click "services", than, "open services" at the bottom, right click on "windows updates" and click "properties". Go to "startup type" and on the drop down menu select "disabled" and click apply. Windows 10 can no longer check for windows updates and therefore will not automatically install windows updates. I believe this works on both Windows 10 home and Pro.

If you have Windows 10 Pro, you can change the group policy by opening "gpedit.msc", under "Computer Configuration" go to "Administrative Templates" than "Windows Components". Scroll down to "windows updates" and double click on "Configure Automatic Updates". Enable it and select option 2 "Notify for download and notify for install"

Selecting this option will only allow windows to notify you that a new update is available. You will have to manually install the update. This feature only works in Windows 10 Pro.
Thanks smiticans, I have the pro, now what are the advantages of running a program as a service, the only one I know of is that it will boot automatically on a power outage, is there anything else?

Reaction score
The program will also automatically restart if it crashes, and if you close out the BI console, it'll still be running in the background.

Tikiman1

Banned
Reaction score
You cannot use your windows 10 upgrade license on another machine. Its an upgrade and invalidates your 7 license. Sorry that i did not assume that your would commit software piracy. Windows 10 tracks no more than windows 7. You can disable every "tracking" option.

The software is fully functional as the day you purchased it. You are complaining about a value added feature that was FREE. Dont be stupid and apply every update. Wait until its confirmed stable. I have a few systems running 4.2.9.3 fully stable with no issues.
IF you come here bitching and moaning making idiotic demands you will be responded to in kind. Dont be lazy and download your updates from the website. Problem solved.
I further dont need your advice on how to administer this site. I simply have no tolerance stupid posts with insane demands. Dont like it? dont let the door hit you on the way out.

You should learn more about the rules governing the Windows 10 upgrade. They changed them from previous versions of Windows. Your ignorance is intolerable.

Little tip...you are not helping a developer when one of their customers posts a legitimate complaint & you start attacking them. You should probably just shut your fucking mouth. Maybe get your head out of your ass & take a breath once in a while would help too.

Now kindly fuck off.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You should learn more about the rules governing the Windows 10 upgrade. They changed them from previous versions of Windows. Your ignorance is intolerable.

Little tip...you are not helping a developer when one of their customers posts a legitimate complaint & you start attacking them. You should probably just shut your fucking mouth. Maybe get your head out of your ass & take a breath once in a while would help too.

Now kindly fuck off.
You are WRONG about the rules governing windows 10 updates. Please dont not advocate software piracy on this website. You are not permitted to use the windows 7 key to install 10 another machine and continue using the 7 key. STOP STEALING SOFTWARE, it is ILLEGAL. Its is an UPGRADE not a new free license.
I dont need your "tip". I could care less about how many licenses are sold. Its amazing software and YOU will continue to use at as its the BEST software at anywhere near this price point.
It is pretty obvious to me that you are a computer illiterate and well as a pompous idiot. When I see someone demand that a developer pay for a new OS, or bitch and moan about a new update being pushed before his issue is resolved without knowing WHY his issue is not yet resolved, I seen a moron.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am running Windows 7 Pro and it has been working great. I am getting the "upgrade to WIndows 10" and have been putting it off, I also disabled automatic updates as I hear some machines are automatically upgrading (one of mind did just that) I was just wondering if there are any recommendations, should I go ahead and upgrade to 10? Any issues? I hate to mess with the system since it is working well but I am wondering if there are any benefits/issues.
Thanks!

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am running Windows 7 Pro and it has been working great. I am getting the "upgrade to WIndows 10" and have been putting it off, I also disabled automatic updates as I hear some machines are automatically upgrading (one of mind did just that) I was just wondering if there are any recommendations, should I go ahead and upgrade to 10? Any issues? I hate to mess with the system since it is working well but I am wondering if there are any benefits/issues.
Thanks!
I'm holding off on Win10 by using GWX Control Panel (download online) to ward off Microsoft's new nefarious tricks to get us to upgrade. Others here enjoy the benefits of Win10, so it's user subjective. Good luck.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I resisted the Win10 homogeny, in part because of the bad experience I had with Windows 8 and also because Windows 7 was 'good enough." Fenderman told me that I should upgrade to 10, install Classic Shell and be done with it. Yet resist a little longer I did. Then I installed it on one machine and two months later all of my machines run it. It seems a little faster, there's not a lot of stupidity and Classic Shell makes it relatively painless. L I S T E N T O D A F E N D A M N A N !

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I think I am going g to upgrade to 10, what is the process just upgrade or do I need to do something with bi? The other machines I have upgraded had all the programs after upgrading but I have not done a machine running bi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I think I am going g to upgrade to 10, what is the process just upgrade or do I need to do something with bi? The other machines I have upgraded had all the programs after upgrading but I have not done a machine running bi
You will likely have to reinstall the license key so make sure you have it. I will suggest that you do a clean installation for best results...in place upgrades are a last resort.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
While having a repository would be nice, you can easily create your own. This has been discussed over and over. Simply download the update files as you go along. You can easily revert back. Lots of users here post older versions if you have done so in the past.
The hardware acceleration issue affects only a small number of users and can easily be resolved by upgrading to 10 or disabling the service, so it silly for him to stop updating software until he figures out the problem. Its obviously not an easy fix. The glass is half full not half empty.
So, does hardware acceleration only work on Windows 10?

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great, thanks. I looked around for specifications on it but didn't find. Awesome to have people to ask these questions!