4.3.9 - June 8, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed (stupid me) 4.3.9.2 this morning and now converting is broken on both the machines that I installed on. I get either corrupt or black videos. BI DVR and direct to disk format convert/export is broken now.

I removed and re-installed 4.3.9.0 but that did no good. Using AVI format for recording does seem to be working. Exporting DtoD does seem to work if I use MP4 with encoding.
.3 has been released.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How's 4.3.9.3 working for everyone? At this point, I'm terrified of updating Blue Iris because every iteration keeps breaking something new. Although maybe I've gotten unlucky since I only bought in a week ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's much better than .2 for me.

With "use rtsp/stream timecode" selected for each cam the choppiness is mostly solved (unlike in .2 even with this selected).

Exporting clips (I only tried MP4) seems fine too.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
It's much better than .2 for me.

With "use rtsp/stream timecode" selected for each cam the choppiness is mostly solved (unlike in .2 even with this selected).

Exporting clips (I only tried MP4) seems fine too.
Exporting to MP4 works for me but only if I have re-encode selected.

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How's 4.3.9.3 working for everyone? At this point, I'm terrified of updating Blue Iris because every iteration keeps breaking something new. Although maybe I've gotten unlucky since I only bought in a week ago.
I don't know if I can say I'm "terrified", but I'm definitely not going to update.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone else getting crashes after 4.3.9.4? I'm getting them about every 3 minutes.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, 4.3.9.4 still hasn't fixed the one old Hikvision 2CD752MF of mine that essentially broke (again) with the 9.1 update. Was fine till then :-/ Blue Iris has never liked this cam, lol. Time to toss it out lol, sick of playing with it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
ETA: Never mind... crashing has resumed. Email sent to Ken. Now, to turn off that email notification...
---------
It may just have been a boffed update. I downloaded 9.3 from the DB link on the first page here (thanks BP). It applied, and restarted the service. When opening the console, it popped up that an update (9.4) was available. Before I could close the box, the console closed, and the service stopped. I gave it a minute, then restarted the console. When it opened, the status page showed that it had updated to 9.4... Hasn't crashed since. Fingers crossed.

On an aside, I don't know when Ken added the ability to send emails/notifications for errors, but wow is that nice. Now with every restart, I get an email with a thumbnail of the index camera view. Very sweet. Of course, that means now I'll be even more anal about restarts...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
ETA: Never mind... crashing has resumed. Email sent to Ken. Now, to turn off that email notification...
---------
It may just have been a boffed update. I downloaded 9.3 from the DB link on the first page here (thanks BP). It applied, and restarted the service. When opening the console, it popped up that an update (9.4) was available. Before I could close the box, the console closed, and the service stopped. I gave it a minute, then restarted the console. When it opened, the status page showed that it had updated to 9.4... Hasn't crashed since. Fingers crossed.

On an aside, I don't know when Ken added the ability to send emails/notifications for errors, but wow is that nice. Now with every restart, I get an email with a thumbnail of the index camera view. Very sweet. Of course, that means now I'll be even more anal about restarts...
Last note before hitting the sack. At 756pm last night (6/19) my system automatically upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4. From that moment on, every few minutes, the service restarted. After disabling the auto update, and manually downgrading to the 9.0 from BP's dropbox link, the crashing has stopped.

Could I trouble someone to upload the 9.3 update? I'm guessing it really was the 9.4 update that goosed my system.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
I think what's confusing me is some inconsistency with how it records and I think this behavior has been present since 4.3.9.0 which was my first introduction to Blue Iris.

I can export BI DVR to mp4 if re-encoded it but cannot do the same with avi (MS's video player will complain and not play it).
I can set it to record each clip in avi format and that works like a charm (no re-encoding setting).
If I set it to record each clip in mp4 format I get a file with audio only (no re-encoding setting).

None of the above are show-stoppers for me but it's just odd to me.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where is this feature?

Edit: nevermind, I see it in Status > Status alerts. Thanks for reminding me about this feature. I need to use this

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I set it to record each clip in mp4 format I get a file with audio only (no re-encoding setting).
Install the K-Lite Codec Pack standard or full edition. It will solve this problem.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting but unfortunate development: my Reolink cam either had sped up and choppy night recordings (a framerate error of some kind), so I turned off "Use RTSP/stream timecode", but while this fixed night video, it caused ghosting/smudging in my daytime recordings (probably dropping p-frames). Live video was perfect for both.

With 4.3.9.4 now, I get ghosting during the day AND sped-up/choppiness at night regardless of whether I set "Use RTSP/stream timecode" on or off. Talk about the worst of both worlds.

EDIT: Turned off timecode again, no more night time choppiness. We'll see if ghosting is still there in the morning.

EDIT 2: Wow, no more day ghosting or weird night recording! Sweet.

labbie48

n3wb
Reaction score
Getting crashes after 4.3.9.4 every couple of minutes. Reverted back to 4.3.9.0.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Getting crashes after 4.3.9.4 every couple of minutes. Reverted back to 4.3.9.0.
@labbie48, Ken said only three people have reported chronic crashing after the update form .3 to .4. If you haven't already emailed him, you're not one of them. Please do so, so he can get a better feel for the issue.

skywise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, didn't realize so few were having issues, I've emailed Ken.