4.4.3- August 28, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.4.3- August 28, 2016

• This version represents a week of fine-tuning and bug repair based on user feedback

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With this update, I'm finding that clip playback on my IOS device seems messed up. Clicking on different alerts always plays the same one and it doesn't play beyond the one alert.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This issue is present on 4.4.3.0 and 4.4.3.1 whereby when you view an alert video it's displaying videos from about 2 hours before.... Emailed Ken with fault details

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Noticed that also. The thumbnail shows the alert but when clicked its about an hour earlier at least for me.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, sigh, mine is screwed up as well. Different alerts when clicked on play the same clip that is not representative of the alert. Used the latest 4.4.3.2 and alerts after the update are still not correct.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, sigh, mine is screwed up as well. Different alerts when clicked on play the same clip that is not representative of the alert. Used the latest 4.4.3.2 and alerts after the update are still not correct.
You may want to rebuild the database. As a reminder you should not be automatically updating and you should be waiting for a release to be out for a while before applying updates.

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
Viewing clips from alerts is still not working correctly for me with 4.4.3.2.

When I click on an alert, the clip seems to start playing from the beginning of the recorded file rather than at the location/time when the alert occurred. This was working fine this morning.

Interestingly, I have one USB camera and viewing alerts works correctly with that camera only (it's in continuous recording mode using BVR format).

All the non-usb cameras that are experiencing this problem are in 'direct to disk' continuous recording using BVR format.

I rebuilt the database but that didn't help.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is also screwed up as well, I get duplicates of the same recording, So what is the fix, wait for another software update?
Regards.
Chewie

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is also screwed up as well, I get duplicates of the same recording, So what is the fix, wait for another software update?
Regards.
Chewie
Revert back to and older update and TURN OF AUTO UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may want to rebuild the database. As a reminder you should not be automatically updating and you should be waiting for a release to be out for a while before applying updates.
If no one took the plunge and updated, then bugs that are introduced would never get exposed. Based on this forum, I generally know that if a big bug like this happens, Ken will get notified of it sooner than later and will most likely get it resolved in a very timely fashion. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I trust it will get fixed very soon.

I did try and rebuild my database (didn't help), I think after I installed the .1 update, but not since I installed the .2 update. Might do that again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If no one took the plunge and updated, then bugs that are introduced would never get exposed. Based on this forum, I generally know that if a big bug like this happens, Ken will get notified of it sooner than later and will most likely get it resolved in a very timely fashion. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I trust it will get fixed very soon.

I did try and rebuild my database (didn't help), I think after I installed the .1 update, but not since I installed the .2 update. Might do that again.
You dont have to be that one..there are plenty of others...some with backup systems/NVR....dont update a primary system..

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I revert back from the 4.4.3? I have exported my settings, anything else needs to be done?

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe its 4.4 or 4.4.1? I did a repair install and it remains at 4.4.3. Do I also have to deactivate and uninstall or other? Thanks for your help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe its 4.4 or 4.4.1? I did a repair install and it remains at 4.4.3. Do I also have to deactivate and uninstall or other? Thanks for your help.
Uninstall or wait.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
4.4.3- August 28, 2016

• This version represents a week of fine-tuning and bug repair based on user feedback
@fenderman: Qdea alert...when you post these "Blue Iris Version Alerts" as you do -- in addition to your initial post -- why not make each OP a poll as follows...

Q1: 4.4.3 is working fine for me

Q2: I am experiencing problems with 4.4.3

Granted, this is a tad subjective, but it would provide the membership with a quick and dirty indication of upgrade goodness. Eh?

Members could post pro and con comments on the OP/BI Version as they do now...but everyone's vote would establish a decent baseline of the problemisity of the new version.

(Free new English work invention, courtesy of The Q™ness)