4.4.3- August 28, 2016

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman: Qdea alert...when you post these "Blue Iris Version Alerts" as you do -- in addition to your initial post -- why not make each OP a poll as follows...

Q1: 4.4.3 is working fine for me

Q2: I am experiencing problems with 4.4.3

Granted, this is a tad subjective, but it would provide the membership with a quick and dirty indication of upgrade goodness. Eh?

Members could post pro and con comments on the OP/BI Version as they do now...but everyone's vote would establish a decent baseline of the problemisity of the new version.

(Free new English work invention, courtesy of The Q™ness)
eh, its common sense...anyone can post their experiences...I cant understand why folks dont disable auto update..simple, easy, effective.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
eh, its common sense...anyone can post their experiences...I cant understand why folks dont disable auto update..simple, easy, effective.[/

i had auto updates unchecked. My issue was the check upon startup. When I rebooted my machine and BI opened it had a popup yes/no update and my fat fingers hit it. I'm to blame, but I can see how easy it is to hit it.

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem I was seeing seems to be fixed in version 4.4.3.3.

Clips from old alerts created while running versions 4.4.3.1 & 2 are still messed up, but clips from new alerts are displayed correctly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem I was seeing seems to be fixed in version 4.4.3.3.

Clips from old alerts created while running versions 4.4.3.1 & 2 are still messed up, but clips from new alerts are displayed correctly.
try rebuilding the database.

magellan

n3wb
Reaction score
Good idea, but it's too late. I deleted all the older alerts. There was nothing there that I needed.

I mentioned the issue so folks would know to create new alerts when testing the fix.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@fenderman, Rebuilding does not fix any clips saved with V4.4.3.0/1/2 Any clips from 4.4.3.3 will now work without error. Was emailing Ken earlier but had to pop out before he released the 4.4.3.3 fix so couldn't update you all earlier.

I have Blueiris running on a VM and use that to test any update. Once I'm happy I update my main systems. I find doing it that way I never get caught out.

Last edited by a moderator:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All you need is a previous update file and run it.
Just a suggestion only......
Can the admin of www.blueirissoftware.com, do us a favour? When there an update file available,
can the file following some naming format like, v4.x.x.x. so that it is easier for everyone to recognise that
this update64.exe is actually referring to v4.4.3.2 ????? Currently, I don't know which update is referring to
which version unless, you right-click it the file and click on the "details" tab.

For example can the "update64.exe" file be renamed to something like = update64-v4.4.3.2.exe.
So, when we download to our system will know right off the bat, can easily distinguish
which is the older version and the latest version.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to email support..he doesn't read the forum..

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok thanks, I will let Ken know about this, see if he wants name the update file differently for future updates.