4.5.5.0 64bit constant camera drop outs

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Matt, are you still live? the suspense is killing me!!

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
For what its worth, my hikvision camera drop was just a fluke (like I said, it happens a few times a year).

I don't have any with that particular firmware/interface and the only one any of my friends or acquaintances has ... well it stopped working a year ago or longer.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I'm still here. Sorry had a bale spike break on the old excavator so had to fabricate up a new mount for it and weld it back on.
Well my cameras are still up and running so 6 hours and counting longest they have been up for since Tuesday.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For what its worth, my hikvision camera drop was just a fluke (like I said, it happens a few times a year).

I don't have any with that particular firmware/interface and the only one any of my friends or acquaintances has ... well it stopped working a year ago or longer.
Well these cameras are only my stepping stone to better ones in coming years when I can afford better ones they will only run for about 5-6 months a year. I'm gonna set up 2 nice fixed ones to monitor the 2 entrances to the yard year round. Anyway got a bit off topic with that

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I'm still here. Sorry had a bale spike break on the old excavator so had to fabricate up a new mount for it and weld it back on.
Well my cameras are still up and running so 6 hours and counting longest they have been up for since Tuesday.
This is fantastic news then, i already created rules to block camera ip range from incoming and outgoing wan traffic, so lets just hope this is a solid fix. this is undoubtedly a hack or a bot of some sort.

Thanks bp2008 for providing us with a way to essentially fix this issue.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well by the time I get chance to wash up and finish tonight and sit down to make the rules il be on night shift calving. So you'll be able to post up after your 4 hours of them all up and running with the internet blocks in place. :headbang:

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well heres the test. I had internet unplugged for 4.5 hours, everything was still working. in the meantime i blocked all cam ips from wan. just now plugged the internet back in, and just enabled web server, everything still good. I will let yall know in the morning if everything is still up and running. thanks again guys.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is fantastic news then, i already created rules to block camera ip range from incoming and outgoing wan traffic, so lets just hope this is a solid fix. this is undoubtedly a hack or a bot of some sort.

Thanks bp2008 for providing us with a way to essentially fix this issue.
Well heres the test. I had internet unplugged for 4.5 hours, everything was still working. in the meantime i blocked all cam ips from wan. just now plugged the internet back in, and just enabled web server, everything still good. I will let yall know in the morning if everything is still up and running. thanks again guys.
How did you block internet from the cameras? Is it a router setting? I have a linksys router, tried turning on parental control for a device but it can still access the web...

Jareds

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry I had to make a new account cause I'm on my cell phone and have no idea how I originally signed up. Strange.

It is a router setting. I have a Cisco router. Not all routers will do this but under firewall setting there should be a section on rules. U would have to create a rule to block incoming wan to lan and another rule blocking outgoing lan to wan. Hopefully your cameras are in numerical IP range. In the rules you have to type in the IP range of the cameras themselves and be sure not to include the server in that range. if u don't see an option for rules maybe you can google the router model restricting ips or devices from internet to give you a better idea if ur router does that. I wish ya luck. I will report back tomorrow with my results.

M4TTDUFFY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey folks
Thought I'd give a little update
Come 1 o'clock in the morning central time I will know if this fix works. I also went a little overboard with adding security measures. To the point where I managed to lock myself out of one of my cameras I obviously didn't write the random long password I punched into the keyboard down properly :brainfart:

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't done anything and the problem seems to have gone away. It has been almost 9 hours. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Jareds

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a good day. All cameras are still up and running. Mfg just emailed me this morning saying:

After double discussing with our enginners,we guess your camera has been attacked by hacker
we can send the software to you to update the version on one camera,If it is ok,then you can update the other cameras
If it can not work,then you can returned it to us
My apologies for bringing any incoenvience here

So at least they are trying to fix the cameras.

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like my cameras to have accurate time. What to you do for that? Setup your blueiris PC as NTP time source and get configure cameras to point to PC for NTP time source?

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i havent really thought that far ahead. Im sure that is an option, just gotta look into it a little more. Shoot, i was just happy to have stopped the nightmare of having to reset the cameras every 4 hours. Its been eating me alive. I know one thing, the cameras themselves will never have access to the internet ever again. lol

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My cameras are still running. Whoever was doing this must have just stopped or maybe the program was set up to run for only a few days. Then now this begs the question if it's a ticking time bomb. I will still find ways to disable wan access from my cameras though (probably have to upgrade to another router that would give me those options).

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yep, mine are also good. Stange indeed.

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will still find ways to disable wan access from my cameras though (probably have to upgrade to another router that would give me those options).
Configure your cameras with a static IP address. And Don't fill in the gateway. Then their should be no internet access.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Configure your cameras with a static IP address. And Don't fill in the gateway. Then their should be no internet access.
Cameras wouldn't allow blank gateway, so I typed in a fake address instead. I then set up a local NTP server for the time sync. Feels much better now.

I followed this tutorial and got my BI server set up as a NTP in a few minutes.
How to Create a Standalone NTP Server With Windows