fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
  • A "maximum FPS" setting has been added to the group settings page, allowing you to go beyond the default 5 fps. Historically this was limited due to the significant computing power required to compose larger group images. However, users have expressed interest in increasing this number. This seems to be added specifically to address this users thread. FPS rate limit? Talk about a quick response...

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had a strange move file error today also. Never see those. What would cause that?

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new setting doesn't seem to make a difference, still getting ~5 FPS with only 20% CPU utilization.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Likewise. I couldn't get a significant boost out of it either. I suspect either the setting doesn't work or the building of the group frames needs better optimized.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Likewise. I couldn't get a significant boost out of it either. I suspect either the setting doesn't work or the building of the group frames needs better optimized.
Ken acknowledged that it's not working yet. He said he found some more FPS limits that need to be removed. Should be in the next update.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did some more testing on my side. Lag I was seeing was due to devices not switching to the closest AP while I walking around my house testing.. doh! I run my cameras at 20 fps and I'm getting close to that in 4-cam group view. In index view with all 8 of my cameras I'm getting around 10 fps. Big improvement.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I should have added some notes about CPU utilization on my i7-6700. With one android tablet streaming, and the console open on my server, I'm seeing around 45% cpu. Console closed, with one android streaming and down to 25%. Very nice. With no live viewing going on I'm about 15-18%. That's with 8 cams at 20 fps.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I should have added some notes about CPU utilization on my i7-6700. With one android tablet streaming, and the console open on my server, I'm seeing around 45% cpu. Console closed, with one android streaming and down to 25%. Very nice. With no live viewing going on I'm about 15-18%. That's with 8 cams at 20 fps.
But what resolution are the cams? Not 4MP I'm betting.