4.5.9 - July 20, 2017

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
4.5.9 - July 20, 2017

• Advanced web server configuration options have been moved to a separate dialog to allow room to add more options

• New advanced web server settings allow for the banning of IP addresses either temporarily or permanently. Permanently banned IP addresses are automatically added to the "limit IP address" box.

• The web server attempts to slow responses to unauthenticated requests in order to limit the impact of a malicious client or other attack

• Further effort has been made to more fully support the Doorbird camera including a PTZ/control option to enable door-open (via the DIO output button) and light-on (via the IR light button)

• Further effort has been made to limit the number of connections required for the new 3D push notifications

• An update to the iOS app 1.57.01 will now allow retrieval of the 3D push images from servers using Stunnel

• As some users struggle to understand how/why clips are/are not moved/deleted, the clip database move/delete logging has become much more verbose. A log entry is emitted following each database scan, approximately each 5 minutes. The entries show the age of the next clip that's up for movement/deletion along with the folder size, occupancy and free space, as well as the number of locked files and database errors encountered. When writing to support for issues with clip management please provide these log entries.

• Email alert MP4 attachment durations have been repaired. They are now also recorded at the camera's full frame rate.

• Video component updates fixing potential decoding bugs

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice to see the brute force detection stuff added to the Webserver.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new versions did not address the issues with not receiving rich notifications for me with iOS version 1.57.02. I tried setting up stunnel as well but there was no difference.

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed this version and it now seems the webserver is accessible by anyone, automatically. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed this version and it now seems the webserver is accessible by anyone, automatically. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?
Nope, but there is an option that controls when authentication is required. You can chose to disable it on LAN, etc. Make sure you have that enabled for all connections.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new versions did not address the issues with not receiving rich notifications for me with iOS version 1.57.02. I tried setting up stunnel as well but there was no difference.
Same here with Stunnel already installed

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, but there is an option that controls when authentication is required. You can chose to disable it on LAN, etc. Make sure you have that enabled for all connections.
I'm noticing odd behavior. I am using pfSense and my firewall/router, and all external ip connections are showing as the BlueIris server IP. Will confirm if this is a pfSense problem or Blueiris problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris would not be able to affect your router like that. Either the Blue Iris server is actually the only machine making external connections, or pfSense is wrong, or you are reading it wrong.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed that as of today, if I turn off WiFi on my phone, the pictures come through on push notifications.

App (iOS) v. 1.57.02 (updated app came out yesterday)
Blue Iris v. 4.5.9.1

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed the local port to match the external port like someone in the last thread, but I'm still not getting pictures on push notifications, on neither local LAN WiFi nor from outside.

bobfather

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still no pictures here. Not when I'm home on Wifi, not when I'm out on LTE. At home I use a non-standard port, outside the LAN I use a reverse proxy to hook up to Blue Iris. With my setup all other Blue Iris features work fine. Motion push notifications are received within 1-2 seconds, but they never include the pictures.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still no pictures here. Not when I'm home on Wifi, not when I'm out on LTE. At home I use a non-standard port, outside the LAN I use a reverse proxy to hook up to Blue Iris. With my setup all other Blue Iris features work fine. Motion push notifications are received within 1-2 seconds, but they never include the pictures.
Yep same here with
Blue Iris 4.5.9.1
iOS App 1.57.02

Tried multiple iOS devices as well and pictures don't come through when on LAN or WAN.

Seems like there is still some bug causing issues for a number of us.

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris would not be able to affect your router like that. Either the Blue Iris server is actually the only machine making external connections, or pfSense is wrong, or you are reading it wrong.
Did some more investigating. Hits to the blueiris web server show up correctly. Accessing through the iOS app shows up as the IP of the blueiris server, not the external IP. It looks like this is the way they programmed the app.

dpssl

n3wb
Reaction score
okay, i got it running and i think i found the solution.
I am using a different port for my wan address. Internalport is 443. External Port is 9985. It seams, that blueiris doesn´t understand the different ports for WAN and LAN.
So i changed them to the same port and it works. Push notification with pictures came in :)
PS: i´m using also stunnel

Last edited:

lupyman

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone updated to 4.5.9.2 yet? I upgraded about 24 hours ago to try to resolve the issue with not receiving images with notifications and ever sense, my CPU is running at or around 100%. It also didn't resolve the notification issue for me. It says that version 4.5.9.3 is available, but the download never starts.

Edit: Previous to the upgrade, CPU load was about 35-40%

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My 4.5.9.3 download wouldn't start either, so I went to the Blue Iris website and downloaded/installed it the old fashioned away.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, push notifications with pictures fixed here, too. I finally got around to trying changing the port# of the BI web server to match the same port# on my external. Before, the external ran on one port number, internal ran on another, and the NAT rule on the router bound them together.

Last edited: