4.8.4.7- January 15, 2019 - Support for zero-width macros

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FYI... This minor BI update contains a fix for an issue I shared with Ken last week... I've been programmatically generating macro content and intentionally setting the content to a zero-length string when I wanted to 'hide' the macro... In this state, I was having a lot of trouble editing the existing macro.... Imagine mousing around the video image and right-clicking on an invisible zero-width macro!

With this update Ken now displays the macro name when the macro content is a zero-length string. Note that macro's on-screen width is still zero (see the green anchors in the image), but the macro is now much easier to locate. This makes it easier to mouseover and right-click the macro to edit its properties.

Ken also fixed a 'phantom line' that appeared in the video stream when the zero-width macro had a background color.

zero-length overlay2.png

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This version sets the motion zones settings back to default. Thus wiping out any customisation that you've done.

I'm using @bp2008 update helper. thankfully I had the registry entries backed up and I could restore them and get my customized zone areas back. Had to revert to .6 version to retain them.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This version sets the motion zones settings back to default. Thus wiping out any customisation that you've done...
Is that why some of my cameras stopped recording motion events?
stop chasing updates. Disable auto update. This cannot be stressed enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This version sets the motion zones settings back to default. Thus wiping out any customisation that you've done.

I'm using @bp2008 update helper. thankfully I had the registry entries backed up and I could restore them and get my customized zone areas back. Had to revert to .6 version to retain them.
Looney, do you ever export your BI settings in the "About" tab. I try to do it periodically, after I have good motion setting for the cams. I am always tweaking different settings and it has saved me many times from when things get screwed up. Just import the last known good setting.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just went to 4.8.4.7 and my settings remained intact as well. Check for updates back.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
BI makes its own settings backups when installing an update nowadays, so you should be able to find a few of them sitting in your BI folder (only a few previous backups are kept).

I still prefer BiUpdateHelper's backups though. It will back up the settings before each update and every 24 hours, and compress them to a tiny fraction of the size of a backup made by BI itself.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So motion zones on two of mine appear to be cleared and a couple others not? All the same HDW2531R cameras.
Weird but oh well, not going to worry about it. Not a lot of work for me to reset.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that why some of my cameras stopped recording motion events?
stop chasing updates. Disable auto update. This cannot be stressed enough.
That's what tipped me off here.
You are preaching to the choir. ;)
I have something most don't, a recovery plan.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looney, do you ever export your BI settings in the "About" tab. I try to do it periodically, after I have good motion setting for the cams. I am always tweaking different settings and it has saved me many times from when things get screwed up. Just import the last known good setting.
Yes, they are set for auto export.