5.2.0 Patch

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
@CBX : You wouldn't have a way to patch 5.2 to support the NAS fix would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there

I don't patch for NAS.

I've always found that one share per camera, and IMPORTANTLY the share is the only thing on the server partition it lives in is 100% stable.

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah I suspect that's my problem. I don't have the NAS partitioned, so I would need to rebuild it to break it up differently. :(

I understand though, thank you for your quick reply/comment!. :)

Hi there

I don't patch for NAS.

I've always found that one share per camera, and IMPORTANTLY the share is the only thing on the server partition it lives in is 100% stable.

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
@iTuneDVR : Thank you, I did translate the page to at least confirm someone found a fix. I am just having troubles 'following along'...

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
darrylb!
I did for 5.1.6 and 5.2.0, based on a patch that was made by someone and posted for 5.0.2.
You do not have anything to translate, most importantly in the picture, but the Russian quite well translated ;)

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that's a bummer. I tried it out, seems I bricked it. :(

Yep, definitely bricked. Not pingable. Seems like tonight I get to try a TFTP update back to 5.2

When I did mine, I could not find the hex for 5.0.1, and tried based on 5.1.. Doesn't seem it liked that. I also found that my .tar.gz file was much larger than the original.

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue that I most likely broke it. Not sure what I did wrong though. I only found the 5.1 Hex, which I updated closely and confirmed valid. And my file did tar.gz successfully... In my defense, I am an IT guy... took my time, and validated everything...

How much bigger will the tar.gz file be once recompressed? Mine was significant difference.
You incorrectly packed davinci file, and because there is a problem! ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Original v5.2.0 140721 davinci.tar.gz - 3921676
There is a subtlety in the package file. ;) ;) ;)

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting...

My original davinci.tar.gz: 2,523,136 bytes. My new one was: 5,309,046 bytes

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Inside the firmware file size is the same as mine!
This is not the original firmware. I know what it is, but I will not make any changes there or what help or advice.

darrylb

n3wb
Reaction score
Understood!. I will use the other one I have (to unbrick with), which is : 2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.2.0_140721 and the file in it is digicap.dav, file size is: 19,786KB. This sound correct? :)

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Understood!. I will use the other one I have (to unbrick with), which is : 2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.2.0_140721 and the file in it is digicap.dav, file size is: 19,786KB. This sound correct? :)
Hi there

This thread was created regarding the 5.2.0 patch I created - and I'm concerned people who are joining the forum and trying to get up to speed will get confused about what the patch is or isn't.

Would you mind perhaps making a thread specific to what you are trying to do?

Thanks very much (and good luck! :p )