5.2.3 - March 26, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.2.3 - March 26, 2020
The email alert MP4 as well as the push alert GIF will now begin with 5 seconds of “pre-
trigger” time, making them immensely more useful. Previously, these began recording only
at the time of trigger. The requirement for this feature is that your camera is set to record in
“direct to disc” mode. Please also check your key frame rate to insure that it’s at least 0.50;
1.00 is recommended—this is displayed on the Status/Cameras page alongside the FPS.
Also, the video encoding parameters for the email alert MP4 must not specify to resize the
video (re-encoding will be required). The email alert MP4 will also be created “direct to
disc” which will ease use of the CPU, however it may result in a larger file, as this is now
the camera’s full resolution.

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi,

Since this update i have an issue with the UI3 interface, on some of my machines it throws this error;

issue ui3.png

tried resetting the profile overrides, but this does not help.

Last edited:

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
revert back to 5.2.1.4 which is stable and email support
I tried that, but i came to the conclusion i installed the weong biupdatehelper (for v4) so i dont have that update file . STUPID

Can you provide that? Or ahould i reinstall using the full package for now?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Look here:

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did not found it there, it only contains the latest update, but i found one on my other system which is 5.1, which resolves my issues for now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did not found it there, it only contains the latest update, but i found one on my other system which is 5.1, which resolves my issues for now.
You need to click on history then download the version you want. Its all there.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
hi,

Since this update i have an issue with the UI3 interface, on some of my machines it throws this error;

View attachment 58096

tried resetting the profile overrides, but this does not help.
Sorry, I neglected to test in Internet Explorer. It will be fixed in the next UI3 update. Pro tip: never use internet explorer.

bbakels

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I neglected to test in Internet Explorer. It will be fixed in the next UI3 update. Pro tip: never use internet explorer.
I know, i never use IE, but problem i use a custom application for Homeautomation, which uses the IE activeX/NET dependencies...

gabeyd

n3wb
Reaction score
The push alert GIF now contains no motion. I still get a push to my iPhone and the time seems about right but no frames of the gif show any of the motion.

Has anyone figured out setting that work now?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I lost the video on emailed MP4 alerts, audio is there but no image. Also, the MP4 file size (as warned) has increased 4x. No GIFs.
All settings are per the notes in the release.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I lost the video on emailed MP4 alerts, audio is there but no image. Also, the MP4 file size (as warned) has increased 4x. No GIFs.
All settings are per the notes in the release.
Update - switching the cam from H.265 to H.264 restored video to the emailed MP4 file. However, the H.265 encoding was good for all other BI tasks - just not emailed MP4.

gabeyd

n3wb
Reaction score
The push alert GIF now contains no motion. I still get a push to my iPhone and the time seems about right but no frames of the gif show any of the motion.

Has anyone figured out setting that work now?
So, mine seems to be only sending 5 seconds of GIF animation, and it's starting 5 seconds AFTER the event, not before.

I have a motion event that starts at 12:50:00 in the BI desktop app, and plays back fine there.

The frames I get in my iOS push notification are from 12:50:07 to 12:50:12, and thus, they usually miss all of the motion. Seems to be about 7 seconds late.

Relevant info:
Frame rate: 14.94/0.50 fps​
Pre-trigger video buffer [checked] : 1.0 sec​
Send rich push (3D) notifcations [checked]​
10-second GIF​
Any other settings relevant? Push notifications always showed motion fine before 5.2.3.0, though I like the idea of the new feature, because they often did start mid motion before.

Thanks!

gabeyd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, 5.2.3.1 didn't make any difference. Here's another case:

Motion is marked at 1:33:29 for the event, as 10 seconds of motion. Watching it playback in the desktop app, visible to my eye motion goes from 1:33:28 to 1:33:30, only about 2 seconds.

The push event shows GIF animation frames from 1:33:34 to 1:33:40, and is marked as "at 1:33:41".

I see no visible movement in any of the GIF frames, as that happened from :28 to :30, and the first frame I see is :34.

Seems like maybe it's using the END of motion event to send the GIF frames. And only sending about 6 seconds, not the 10 advertised in the setting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, 5.2.3.1 didn't make any difference. Here's another case:

Motion is marked at 1:33:29 for the event, as 10 seconds of motion. Watching it playback in the desktop app, visible to my eye motion goes from 1:33:28 to 1:33:30, only about 2 seconds.

The push event shows GIF animation frames from 1:33:34 to 1:33:40, and is marked as "at 1:33:41".

I see no visible movement in any of the GIF frames, as that happened from :28 to :30, and the first frame I see is :34.

Seems like maybe it's using the END of motion event to send the GIF frames. And only sending about 6 seconds, not the 10 advertised in the setting.
What is are your frame rates and iframe interval set to?

gabeyd

n3wb
Reaction score
iframe change doesn't help. Here's another example:

Deesktop says 10sec Motion A at 02:01:07 PM
Visible to my eye motion occurs from: 02:01:06 to 02:01:08, running through the motion detector, I can see the detection continue to until 02:01:11, though there is no actual motion, it's just the motion detection markings.
The PUSH event to my iPhone says "Motion A triggered at 02:01:19", and the frames that play back are from 02:01:12 to 02:01:18.

Time displayed by the camera in the video is about 0.5 seconds slower than the BI computer's time.

So again, it completely misses any actual motion.