5.4.5 flash on 2132 in recovery - cannot get FTP.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

Just had a 2132 given back to try and fix from a friend of mine i gave it to last year but the issue is he has tried to flash the latest english version 5.4.5 firmware and it's Chinese region that I mtd hacked to English on 5.2.5 before I gave it him.

It's stuck in recovery, so I have run TFTP with the included .dav file from the 5.3 downgrade files which successfully completed, I have Telnet access but running the details below hits a brick wall...

User= root
password= 12345

I get an error - unable to change CDIR to /root/ after i enter the password 12345 and therefore cannot get FTP enabled.

Any help to get further with this, thanks.

Note: I have found the original files I used with this, inc both original 5/6 MTD files from the camera.

Hitman, 5 minutes ago Edit Delete Report

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I get an error - unable to change CDIR to /root/ after i enter the password 12345
That's informational - not a fatal error, and can be ignored. Just some carelessness in profile or rcS if I remember correctly.
If you want to move files around, you should find that a tftp client is available at the telnet root shell while the 'recovery kernel' is running following the update.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
That's informational - not a fatal error, and can be ignored. Just some carelessness in profile or rcS if I remember correctly.
If you want to move files around, you should find that a tftp client is available at the telnet root shell while the 'recovery kernel' is running following the update.
Thanks, I tried to enable ftp but got a weird output response (i'll repeat and add the exact output details later), I started winSCP anyway to ftp to the camera, the User / pass are accepted but the directory /root/ is empty and I cannot navigate away to another directory.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Re-ran the recovery procedure this morning, and ignored I could not see any files on the camera ftp gui (although hidden files had been enabled in WinSCP), manually changed directory to /tmp/ and transfered the mtd files.

All back and up and running, called my friend to say the camera is fixed and it's on the max allowed firmware 5.2.5 - do not update again.

All good.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's still missed by a lot of people IPC that Came with 5.25 or 5.28 can't be upgraded, but as this was a 5.30 it would take the update but would be returned to Chinese.

Well done on a good recovery.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
It's still missed by a lot of people IPC that Came with 5.25 or 5.28 can't be upgraded, but as this was a 5.30 it would take the update but would be returned to Chinese.

Well done on a good recovery.
This cam is '5.2.8_141231' CN based, so not upgradable past that, En mod downgraded from 5.2.8 - 5.2.5.

and thank you.