5.4.5 Network Disconnected Exceptions

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys I upgraded 3x 2432f cubes to 5.4.0 and 5.4.5 and 2x cubes show this bug so far out of 3.

Please what is the fix?

Did I see a 5.4.41.for the r0 cubes? But there is no release notes to say what it fixed..

This is so unacceptable.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Alastair thanks a lot.

To my knowledge I thought 5.4.5 fixed the back door, and so what did 5.4.41 do ?
I will read what you have posted.

Hard to believe that Hikvision has not fixed the R0 network disconnect for all the worlds cameras and we have to rely on you to fix their poor code.

I put your R0 network disconnect version into one camera this morning and it has stayed up for longer than it was previously.

Another cam disconnected /went out - disconnected in this time and so I'll probably put it in the other.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not so much fixed the code as removed the new feature that was intended to help reliability.
I never saw any problems when a camera just sat idle and the interface was periodically reset. It may depend on the specific switch port it's connected to.

5.4.5 does, as far as I could tell, also fix the backdoor.

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the modded firmware with an LTS CMIP3362W-M? Any pointers as to how I can resolve the constant reboot? It's probably several times per day for me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the modded firmware
The modded firmware was to cover the (unusual) situations where no network traffic was flowing, a condition that when noticed by a watching daemon process triggers either a network interface reset, or a system reset (reboot).
That trigger would be at fixed, repeatable intervals of several minutes depending on the firmware version.

Is your camera operating with no network traffic?

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
No - during initial setup the camera was a royal pain to provision. I suspect now this was due to network. I've provisioned about a dozen of these cameras from LTS (Hikvision), so I knew something was wrong.

After wrestling with it for a few hours, I finally got it up and running. I suspect I was just feeding sufficient network data to keep it moving. Now it's set to autorecord 24/7, so it tends to keep alive (but then crash twice per day). Only fix is to disconnect and reconnect POE.

Any tips?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now it's set to autorecord 24/7
On an internal SD card?
If so, no network traffic is being pulled off the camera.

(but then crash twice per day)
That doesn't quite sound like the issue caused by Hikvision's network checker process.
But if you are getting fairly regular reboots, maybe try this as an experiment to generate some steady traffic.
Set a continuous ping going against the camera IP address, and see if that changes anything.
At the Windows command prompt, use :
ping -t <camera_IP_address>

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if I was not descriptive. I record all video 24/7 over RTSP to a custom NVR on a segmented LAN. The network should always be going.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a DS-2CV2041G2-IDW Hikvision WIFI camera model with V5.5.132 build 200312 version firmware: Still have this exact issue!! I get some "Network Disconnected" randomly (3h after plugging or 3 days...). The only solution is to disconnect the device from the wall socket & plug it again. I connect my camera by wifi & create a every second ping to my device: NO WAY, the device continue to randomly disconnect. No VAS from Hikvision because I didn't buy my device from a "local supplier" (I buy it on Amazon). What a shame!! So stuck with a bugged camera, I will try the modded Firware now as the only chance to get this bug fixed!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So stuck with a bugged camera, I will try the modded Firware now as the only chance to get this bug fixed!!
No -
It's common with WiFi-connected IP surveillance cameras to have random network disconnects.
Loads of posts on the forum about this.

Do you have any option to wire the camera instead of WiFi?
Maybe a power line adaptor, as you are using mains power.

Reaction score
Ok, so even changing camera brand, I will have the same issue with another WIFI camera? You fix works for IP camera only so?

"Maybe a power line adaptor, as you are using mains power." => Yes I didn't thought about that when I had installed my camera in the wall. But I unfortunately cut the ethernet cable to have more space when passing power cable through the wall. I have to buy again a new camera & surely wire it to a power line adaptor!