I've really been enjoying the timeline playback feature. It's made reviewing daily footage so much easier and efficient, so thank you again!
I also just recently stumbled upon the UI setting for Dynamic Group Max Resolution (strongly affects server CPU usage)
. Can you explain in some detail how this works? I'm running UI3 on a 1920 x 1080 monitor, but I still see very visible improvement in IQ when increasing the DGMR from, say, 2500 to 3000.
I'm viewing 4 cameras, each 2592 x 1952, and they're arranged in a single row of cameras.
Also, if you're accepting feature requests, here's my current wish-list:
- Reverse playback in timeline view, even of multiple cameras. Would this be ridiculously CPU-intensive?
- Convert/Export of any visible camera directly from Timeline view
- Unless I'm missing something, when I see something I want to export, I need to switch to Clips view to export, and because of the way my cameras are set up, I almost always want to export the same timespan from 2-4 cameras, which I then edit/assemble in various ways as the critters move around my yard.
- This can be very cumbersome if I'm reviewing footage that's more than a day old, because switching from Timeline to Clips always brings me back to now, and then I have to remember when my video of interest was.
- Due to the arrangement of the cameras and my regions of interest, some of the cameras do not trigger when the animals are on-screen, either because they're too small, or because I've masked out certain areas to prevent triggering on wind movement of branches, so I can't even look for alerts. I need to look at New clips and then scrub around to find the time of interest.
- I don't want to set up Group Triggering for all the cameras in a set, because sometimes I want to see when each individual camera was triggered, and having all the triggers for a group shown on the group Timeline eliminated the need for group triggering, at least for me.
- A super bonus feature would be simultaneous Convert/Export of multiple streams from Timeline view.
- Dragging start/stop shows the relevant frames of all the cameras on the screen
- Show a checkbox for each camera on the screen so we can select to export from some or all of the cameras
These features would improve my daily efficiency even more, although I have no idea how difficult any of these would be.