5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The direction of travel with having AI working with Blue Iris seems less to be DeepStack more Sense AI, so I am up for moving from DeepStack to Code Project AI Service.
However-
Does Sense AI still depend on having DeepStack installed? Can I uninstall DeepStack completely yet? Here I am on CodeProject.AI.Server-1.5.6.2.
Why is in BI global settings AI "Use custom model folder" still greyed out despite my regedit? Several folk have asked this question which I take to be mostly unanswered.
I get no AI unless I tick the box "Default object detection", but then it finds I have many potted plants and the rear of my car is identifies as a toilet. Is this DeepStack still at work?
Bring on use of a Custom model, but it's not working here yet.

I know we all need to keep working at it to get the result we are all searching for, good AI in Blue Iris.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The direction of travel with having AI working with Blue Iris seems less to be DeepStack more Sense AI, so I am up for moving from DeepStack to Code Project AI Service.
However-
Does Sense AI still depend on having DeepStack installed? Can I uninstall DeepStack completely yet? Here I am on CodeProject.AI.Server-1.5.6.2.
Why is in BI global settings AI "Use custom model folder" still greyed out despite my regedit? Several folk have asked this question which I take to be mostly unanswered.
I get no AI unless I tick the box "Default object detection", but then it finds I have many potted plants and the rear of my car is identifies as a toilet. Is this DeepStack still at work?
Bring on use of a Custom model, but it's not working here yet.

I know we all need to keep working at it to get the result we are all searching for, good AI in Blue Iris.
You do not need DeepStack installed for CodeProject.AI to work. If you are using a Nvidia GPU you still need the current versions of CUDA and cuDNN
Post a screenshot of your main IA settings. also my custom model names has changed to ipcam-general from general for example
Also Ken (Blue Iris) still needs to work on the integration.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmm... odd!

I am running 1.5.6.2 and latest 5.6.03 (BI) with GPU support... i've tried to reboot multiple times etc.. but for some reason, no matter what I do, I keep getting "Nothing found" on alerts... even when I playback with AI overlays on, nothing gets picked up there either...

Note: it was running fine on 1.5.6.0...

Any ideas?

1660974858874.png

1660974891711.png
1660975048119.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm... odd!

I am running 1.5.6.2 and latest 5.6.03 (BI) with GPU support... i've tried to reboot multiple times etc.. but for some reason, no matter what I do, I keep getting "Nothing found" on alerts... even when I playback with AI overlays on, nothing gets picked up there either...

Note: it was running fine on 1.5.6.0...

Any ideas?

View attachment 137226

View attachment 137227
View attachment 137228
What version of CUDA and cuDNN do you have installed? Also what GPU do you have?
From PowerShell run as administrator execute "nvidia-smi" and post a screenshot of the results
Try changing localhost to "127.0.0.1"

1660975687074.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try changing localhost to "127.0.0.1" reboot after making the change. So far everything looks like it should work

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does it work when you use the below
Nope!

"No predictions returned"

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing from scratch and it still does not work.

Edit: If I do 'detect scene' it comes up "Downtown: 52%"

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here. I worked for about 4 hours trying to get this working, reading and re-reading this thread which I have been following. Only default worked for me after uninstalling Deepstack, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling (which takes at least 20 minutes on my pc), multiple reboots. I finally uninstalled it, reinstalled Deepstack which took about 5 minutes and called it a day. I'll try again at some point but I got exhausted, maybe it will go smoother next time.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This is hard to understand why it works so easy for some and not for others. So I am posting these pics to show my settings that is working perfect. Keep in mind this is a CPU install on BI 5.6.0.2 W11 I7-6700k system.

1. I did do a clean un-install of Deepstack long ago, which anything left in the temp folders are gone as well.
2. Have BI running
3. Install CodeProject
4.Restart pc

Thats it nothing was modded in my registry or anything, all stock. Keep in mind, you can change the settings later to your liking, but this will produce results.

Screenshot 2022-08-20 081407.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 081443.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 081600.png

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is hard to understand why it works so easy for some and not for others.
When I updated to 1.5.6.2 the install didn't go so well. Thinking I had learned from a previous failed update I uninstalled SenseAI and started with a fresh install. The installation took about 40 minutes and when it was finished it didn't say anything about rebooting so I tried opening the web UI and it couldn't find the server. I rebooted the computer and open the web UI again. This time it found the server but was not processing anything so I ran the install again. This time I picked the repair installation option and the installation processed started again. After about 20 minutes the repair process finished with a message stating a reboot was required. I rebooted again and everything started working.

As far as the CPU processing times I am seeing an improvement, but nowhere near the times you are reporting. However, I am running an i7-4790 so this is to be expected.

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 10.52.29 AM.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Trying to do too much all at once. I hope he gives himself some breathing room with this. Don't want him to burn out trying to fix everything at once.

I do have to wonder if that isn't a factor, too, in why some are having problems when others aren't.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
This is hard to understand why it works so easy for some and not for others. So I am posting these pics to show my settings that is working perfect. Keep in mind this is a CPU install on BI 5.6.0.2 W11 I7-6700k system.

1. I did do a clean un-install of Deepstack long ago, which anything left in the temp folders are gone as well.
2. Have BI running
3. Install CodeProject
4.Restart pc

Thats it nothing was modded in my registry or anything, all stock. Keep in mind, you can change the settings later to your liking, but this will produce results.

View attachment 137259View attachment 137260View attachment 137261
I notice your "Use custom model folder" is grayed out too, I guess this is normal? You choose model from AI dashboard? Will it let you choose multiple models from there?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I notice your "Use custom model folder" is grayed out too, I guess this is normal?
It is normal to have this grayed out. Custom models are located in the are located in the "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\CustomDetection\assets" directory by default. You enable custom models just like you do in deepstacks, just keep in mind the naming convention of the models have changed.

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 2.12.03 PM.png

You can also add and use additional models by putting them in the same directory. To simply things I have removed all the custom models that I'm not using from the directory. Not sure if this speeds things up at all, but I know when I analyze dat files it only shows the models I'm actually using.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I notice your "Use custom model folder" is grayed out too, I guess this is normal? You choose model from AI dashboard? Will it let you choose multiple models from there?
This will eventually get fixed with BI updates.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After dealing with BI 5.6.0.4 issues that took hours to get my system stable. I decided to make the switch from DeepStack to CodeProject.AI on my main system. So far CodeProject.AI GPU (CUDA) is working with no issues.
I disabled all the modules except the Custom Object Detection Module. DeepStack was running three models and using more memory and loaded more processes then CodeProject.AI, see below.

1661044613297.jpeg

DeepStack memory usage
1661052763638.jpeg

CodeProject.AI memory usage
1661052798437.jpeg

DeepStack processes
1661044817785.jpeg

CodeProject.AI processes
1661044921393.jpeg

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Great info @MikeLud1. I'm about ready to try CodeProject.AI. I plan on uninstalling Deepstack and then updating my CUDA from 10.5 to the required version before installing CodeProject.AI. Anything else I need to do? Thanks