5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like 2.0.6 has dropped for the adventurous folks..
I am installing right now and will let everyone if the issue with 2.0.5 is fixed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note there is still a minor issue but should not be a problem for most.
"We spent the day working through the issue that was stopping modules from installing and we think we've sorted it out. A new version of the installer - 2.0.6 - is now available.

We have an outstanding issue whereby the .NET YOLO detector doesn't include the largest model in the installer. That's been fixed and will be available next release.
cheers
Chris Maunder"

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CodeProject.AI v2.0.6 fixed the model download. Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) has all models There are some minor issue with the below modules

Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET)
  • Missing some of my custom models
  • Missing yolov5l.onnx model
Object Detection (YOLOv5 3.1)
  • yolov5l.pt model does not work

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If using Yolov5NET in CP.....to allow for GPU use on an older Inter cpu...couldn't I download Mike's ipcam-combined.onnx from gitHub and place in the ObjectDetectionNET/custom-models folder and use that ..(or combine with the Yolov5m for example? ) (after changing the custom folder in the global CP setup to point to that (ObjectDetectionNET) folder????

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If using Yolov5NET in CP.....to allow for GPU use on an older Inter cpu...couldn't I download Mike's ipcam-combined.onnx from gitHub and place in the ObjectDetectionNET/custom-models folder and use that ..(or combine with the Yolov5m for example? ) (after changing the custom folder in the global CP setup to point to that (ObjectDetectionNET) folder????
You can download the onnx models and add them to the folder. Do not change the custom folder leave set to "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models" because Blue Iris can not recognize the onnx extension.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There are some minor issue with the below modules
Mike, I Installed v2.0.6 on two machines and neither one of them are working now. Both machines are CPU only and were working fine on v2.0.5. To get v2.0.5 to work I had to add the asset and custom model directories to the C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo directory and restart the service.

Here are the server error log files from both machines if you are interested.

1st Machine

22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\OCR\OCR_adapter.py", line 8, in
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: from analysis.codeprojectai import CodeProjectAIRunner
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\codeprojectai.py", line 30, in
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: import aiohttp
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aiohttp'
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\SuperResolution\superres_adapter.py", line 21, in
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: from superresolution import superresolution, load_pretrained_weights
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\SuperResolution\superresolution.py", line 10, in
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: from torch import nn
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'torch'

2nd Machine

22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\detect_adapter.py", line 16, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from analysis.codeprojectai import CodeProjectAIRunner
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\codeprojectai.py", line 36, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from analysis.requestdata import AIRequestData
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\requestdata.py", line 8, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from PIL import Image
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: ImportError: cannot import name 'Image' from 'PIL' (unknown location)

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mike, I Installed v2.0.6 on two machines and neither one of them are working now. Both machines are CPU only and were working fine on v2.0.5. To get v2.0.5 to work I had to add the asset and custom model directories to the C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo directory and restart the service.

Here are the server error log files from both machines if you are interested.

1st Machine

22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\OCR\OCR_adapter.py", line 8, in
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: from analysis.codeprojectai import CodeProjectAIRunner
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\codeprojectai.py", line 30, in
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: import aiohttp
22:34:28: OCR_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'aiohttp'
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\SuperResolution\superres_adapter.py", line 21, in
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: from superresolution import superresolution, load_pretrained_weights
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\SuperResolution\superresolution.py", line 10, in
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: from torch import nn
22:34:31: superres_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'torch'

2nd Machine

22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\detect_adapter.py", line 16, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from analysis.codeprojectai import CodeProjectAIRunner
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\codeprojectai.py", line 36, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from analysis.requestdata import AIRequestData
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: File "../../SDK/Python\analysis\requestdata.py", line 8, in
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: from PIL import Image
22:18:18: detect_adapter.py: ImportError: cannot import name 'Image' from 'PIL' (unknown location)
Try doing a repair it looks like some of the Python packages did not install. I tested both CPU and GPU and the worked for me.

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can download the onnx models and add them to the folder. Do not change the custom folder leave set to "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionYolo\custom-models" because Blue Iris can not recognize the onnx extension.
Does that mean we can't use Yolov5x.NET version of CPAI? or will it see the .pt file versions of the custom models?

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try doing a repair it looks like some of the Python packages did not install. I tested both CPU and GPU and the worked for me.
The Yolov5 v 6.2 version works ok in cpai 2.0.6 but the Yolov5.NET version does not work for me using any models I can try...how would one "repair", just reinstall cpai?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try doing a repair it looks like some of the Python packages did not install.
Running a repair did not work. I have spent a few hours trying everything I can think of and still can't get either machine work reliably. I've also tried uninstalling, reinstalling and even rolling back to previous versions to no avail. I've got AI to trigger a few times, but the processing times are extremely high.

Screen Shot 2023-01-17 at 10.48.46 AM.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Running a repair did not work. I have spent a few hours trying everything I can think of and still can't get either machine work reliably. I've also tried uninstalling, reinstalling and even rolling back to previous versions to no avail. I've got AI to trigger a few times, but the processing times are extremely high.

View attachment 151245
Strange, I updated from 2.04 to 2.06 and everything runs same ??

Screenshot 2023-01-17 115745.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It is strange. Maybe I shouldn't have installed 2.05.
I'm still at 2.0.2 after successfully installing 2.0.3 and 2.0.4. Versions newer than 2.0.2 would not start the service so the server was not responding.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am see several users are having issues with v2.0.X. The current version is 2.0.6 and recommend uninstall any previous version and delete the two directors show below and then install version 2.0.6
  • C:\Program Files\CodeProject
  • C:\ProgramData\CodeProject

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am see several users are having issues with v2.0.X. The current version is 2.0.6 and recommend uninstall any previous version and delete the two directors show below and then install version 2.0.6
  • C:\Program Files\CodeProject
  • C:\ProgramData\CodeProject
Thanks Mike. I will try this tonight. If I have a GPU, what is the current recommended setup running v2.0.6? I use your General and Animal models. Should I use YOLOv5.NET (GPU) or YOLOv5.6.2? Depending on that selection, which version of each of your models should be used? I just want to make sure I'm using the correct setup once I get to v2.0.6. Really appreciate your input!

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I will try this tonight. If I have a GPU, what is the current recommended setup running v2.0.6? I use your General and Animal models. Should I use YOLOv5.NET (GPU) or YOLOv5.6.2? Depending on that selection, which version of each of your models should be used? I just want to make sure I'm using the correct setup once I get to v2.0.6. Really appreciate your input!
If you have a Nvidia GPU then use Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2)

supa2001

n3wb
Reaction score
What GPU do you have ?
You need to install CUDA first then cuDNN before installing CodeProject.AI 2.0.6
A 3060. I installed the CUDA driver before CodeProject.AI. YOLOv5 already says GPU before I installed cuDNN.