5.7.5 - April 20, 2023 - Onvif updates

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Buggy Dahua firmware. Shocker! :rolleyes: Thanks for that great bit of detective work @Tinman. You may want to ship that info over to Ken.

I guess I'll just leave ONVIF authentication off. Don't really need it activated and I don't want to have to change the DST dates all the time. Having it set as the week is a hell of a lot simpler.
no problem, I am curious if this goes away after the real time change ?? Time will tell :lol: I did inform Ken as well.

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone else have the "Events Subscription 8000ffff" errors pop back up again the in the BI log?
I started seeing this too. I checked that the time on all cameras is correct - The cameras sync their time using the NTP server on my Windows Server 2022 VM that runs Blue Iris, so they've always got exactly the same time. I also checked that the DST settings on the cameras are set correctly for my location (2nd Sunday in March to 1st Sunday in November in the USA):
1699122045390.png

Maybe a bug with DST like other comments have said.

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like the cameras are using UTC even though they have the correct time zone set. The authentication issue happens in ONVIF Device Manager too.

1699123472766.png

Daniel15

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I disabled ONVIF authentication (in Network -> Access Platform for my cameras) so I could access the camera via ONVIF Device Manager and set the time there.

Now I can't work out what's going on. As I write this, it's 11:54 AM here. Enabling the "Automatically adjust for daylight saving time changes" option in ONVIF Device Manager shows a time that's an hour in the future:
1699124091665.png

However, deselecting this option shows a time that's an hour in the past:
1699124116536.png

wut. Why is the time changing by TWO hours when I change that option?

I also want to figure out if I can make Blue Iris send alerts if this happens again.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I disabled ONVIF authentication (in Network -> Access Platform for my cameras) so I could access the camera via ONVIF Device Manager and set the time there.

Now I can't work out what's going on. As I write this, it's 11:54 AM here. Enabling the "Automatically adjust for daylight saving time changes" option in ONVIF Device Manager shows a time that's an hour in the future:
View attachment 177016

However, deselecting this option shows a time that's an hour in the past:
View attachment 177017

wut. Why is the time changing by TWO hours when I change that option?

I also want to figure out if I can make Blue Iris send alerts if this happens again.
This has already been covered.... probably will all go away in a few days. Meanwhile, just use the date setting and not week. It works fine then. OR disable onvif authentication in cam.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine was working fine (per my posts above) but apparently stopped. After reading another thread re same, noticed this morning that PTZ control in BI for my SD4A425DB-HNY wasn't working. Looking into that saw that I also started to get the Events: subscription 8000ffff error as of 10:04 pm last night. Disabled ONVIF authentication, the error stops as expected, and PTZ works again.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just going to leave ONVIF authentication unchecked. There is zero chance Dahua ever fixes this issue with current cameras.
Disabled mine with the first wave of problems. My cams have no access to the internet and can only be accessed via the BI PC so I’m not that worried about disabling it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Shouldn't be necessary but, yeah, I'm tired of the back and forth with it too. You fix it for one thing related to ONVIF, it comes back again with the next. No way into mine other than VPN. If they get that far, accessing that cam is the least of my worries.