5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, she sent me reply earlier this week. She was on vacation 3-4 weeks ago, perhaps email got lost. Try again.
@klasipca, did you ever get the firmware squared away with the XA200 you bricked?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbobed

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i have the same focus issue as Hamsoplo on my s500. Is there any more info on how exactly to focus it. I have pulled the back off the camera and see a screw on the lens and a couple of other smaller screws on the black object attached to the cct board.
Just not sure exactly what to do. Ive looked for a guide but not having any luck.
Thanks

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I took apart another Longse cam A300 which had out of focus issue and it was simple to fix, just had to get rid of the glue on the thread. I would think that s500 is the same way

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Loosen the screw on the black ring on the lens, this locks the lens in place. The lens can then rotate, in front of the ring with set screw, the ring doesn't rotate. You might be able to get some stick or a pick to rotate it with it all in place but I ended up taking the whole thing out of the housing because I thought the ring was what focused it and was stuck.

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, I'll find out this evening if the camera is weatherpoof! Been raining ALL day. Its mounted under a cantilever microbalcony, so some rain has been hitting it. So far, so good!

substream:
192.168.1.90_01_20160409220435453.jpg

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having issues viewing main stream from this camera (set at 10k bps) on my laptop, but IVMS on phone is fine. The substream is fine. Any ideas?

The main stream photo caps come out great, but streaming is a bunch of visual artifact. Looks fine on NVR.

192.168.1.90_01_20160409221631361.jpg

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your laptop is on WiFi? likely dropping frames/packets, can you change between tcp/udp? tcp might help but not if your wifi bandwidth cant handle it.

plug your laptop into an ethernet connection, see if it goes away.. HD Video streaming on WiFI is full of issues tha'll make you rip your hair out.

Thanks for the imagery, I was on the fence but your night images sold me.. my back yard gets a lot of light from a street lamp in my front yard and I am expecting results much like yours.

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ethernet seems to work fine and cell data works fine. Is the bitrate too high, too low, or adequate? I have it on "higher" image quality and 20fps.

Glad I could return the favor in some way, to someone, for all the help I've received here. Even if was just to get someone off the fence with some pics :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you could lower the bitrate but that would impact your recordings.. it hurting your wifi is a sign that it is adequate IMHO hehe

sounds like its time to upgrade your WiFi network, Ubiquiti has some very nice and very fast dual band PoE (24v passive sadly) 802.11ac access points for a hell of a price.. I put 3 of em inside my 1500sqft split level house, all on low power and in central areas and now I cant find any place inside that I cant get 100Mbit wireless speeds on 2.4G and many times that for 5G

but still, id never expect to have live video w/out ever buffering on WiFi.. just too many factors can make it great right now, and shit in a few moments from now.. there is a reason why every streaming TV device in my house is hardwired ethernet.. its sooo worth it, videos start the moment you click them in full resolution glory and it never has to stop for nothing.. my big expensive high speed wireless network transmits practically no realtime video streams, and thats why its so fast..

in my professional opinion, HD Streaming Video on WiFi can also be referred to as WiFi Jamming.. just get a few going in close proximity at once and watch the spectrums just crumble.

the key to a good wifi network is not one big powerful access point, its multiple distributed low power ones.. this way wireless clients can roam properly and maintain line of sight for those really great speeds and connections... poe really helps because you can put em on ceilings or walls where they can cover the most area with the least obstacles.. my phone's battery life improved almost double when I put an access point in my office above my desk, now it maintains connection all day at minimal power.

jimbobed

n3wb
Reaction score
Loosen the screw on the black ring on the lens, this locks the lens in place. The lens can then rotate, in front of the ring with set screw, the ring doesn't rotate. You might be able to get some stick or a pick to rotate it with it all in place but I ended up taking the whole thing out of the housing because I thought the ring was what focused it and was stuck.
Thanks, got it sorted. Luckily didnt have to pull the guts out to do it, used a small sharp screwdriver which was able to turn the lens. I puchased 1 camera a couple of months ago and its perfect so i ordered 4 more, all with 5mm lens, all of them had the focus issues, all of them are good now though after adjusting.

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My [FONT=&quot]LRDC60S500 is connected to a Dahua NVR5216. While changing some of the settings in the NVR menu, I noticed the resolution setting for this camera was set at 3MP. No option for 5MP was available to select. The camera was set to 5MP in the web browser menu. The specs for the Dahua model I have says up to 5MP recording. Anyone know what's going on?

Joe
[/FONT]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
did you see what resolution it was really recording? and was that 5MP bigger/smaller/same as 2560×1920?

medstudent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi and thanks, foremost to klasipca for this thread and the information - thanks also to everyone else who contributed to this thread, I've learned a lot and decided to buy an s500 because of this thread (I have a couple of months of experience with D-link cams with different price segments - everyone of them being complete garbage for my use). Just received a dome but I can't manage to install the OCX software but strangely (or not?) I'm able to get a connection with tinycam without it.
Not being a complete technical moron but I keep getting an error that keeps popping up with "garbage" characters when running IPCOCX_PX after downloading it with IE11 in Win10 - anyone with solution, please help?

Regards
/medstudent

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You do have to dick around with IPCOCX to get it working. I haven't tried in Win10, but it does work in Win8 IE11 when I disable browser security

medstudent

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks klasipca for your answer, I've have now tried with a couple of different computers and different configurations (clean slate win7/8/10 install and different VMs - every possible security settings turned off) with no success. Googled for activex install errors for hours. Nothing - the same error keeps popping up! Sent a mail to Amanda at longse - but I'm afraid they won't be able to solve the problem. I just have to wait.

Regards

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of what you are getting. Also, I am attaching the ipcocx file downloaded from my s500. Try that one.

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So with a new NVR I am able to record at max bitrate, but I noticed cam looses connection every hour or sowhen recording at full 12000 bitrate 30 fps 5MP. If I reduce to 10000 it does not that have issue. @atom were you running the cams at full bitrate when you had that issue?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bitrate related makes alot of sense.. ive seen alot of cameras start running out of resources as you crank that up.. for example my big black face PTZ hits a point where any higher bitrate and the controls go from near instant response to a 2-3s delay.

if its taxing the processing abilities too much it could be overheating and resetting at pretty regular intervals.. Ive found numerous models that the only way to get full maximum quality out of it is to start disabling other features to free up resources.. like killing sub-streams, video processing features, etc.