5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my cameras last week. Initial impressions are great. These aren't getting installed for another month, though.

Earlier in the thread I read that many (all?) of you were not able to get the "Record" and "Capture" features of the WebUI working. These features do in fact work - you must:

Go to Internet Options
Click Security Tab
Highlight Trusted Sites, then Click Sites Button
Add IP of camera

Be sure to uncheck "Require Server Verification (https)..."

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I received my cameras last week. Initial impressions are great. These aren't getting installed for another month, though.

Earlier in the thread I read that many (all?) of you were not able to get the "Record" and "Capture" features of the WebUI working. These features do in fact work - you must:

Go to Internet Options
Click Security Tab
Highlight Trusted Sites, then Click Sites Button
Add IP of camera

Be sure to uncheck "Require Server Verification (https)..."
I don't use the web ui much, but this is good suggestion. I'll put this in the first post.

DMY

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figure it might be useful to some.. and might as well have everything working

Also, should have said add HTTP://<camera IP> to be more clear

Genius

n3wb
Reaction score
What network cable do you guys use to connect the camera to?
I asking, because there's not much space in this water protective cable connector.
Do you just cut off the bend protection of a regular cable or do you crimp you own cable for it?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
one typically needs to pass a bare cable thru and crimp on a connector.

but if you can get it thru removing only the bend-protector covering (not all cables have 'em) then go for it
.RJ45_Connector_C_4a8280fc6b8f2.jpg
just be careful not to break off the locking tab the cover is designed to protect...

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you're like me and you find the boots to be annoying to deal with, flexboot cables are a good alternative if you don't have to cut anything for a junction box etc.

112191.jpg

Monoprice has them dirt cheap compared to any other place I've checked.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, trying to order from Longse (Eddy) has been ongoing 7 days now. Wish it was easier. The whole alibaba monkey business is crazy. Way too many steps.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
agreed. i'm in the same boat, going back & forth trying to decipher what the next step is to make a deal.
same cams available via ali-express, click-n-wait, but a bit more $...

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please reply with a link for aliexpress. I can't seem to find the LRDC60S500 specifically.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why are you not trying this with Amanda?
I will try Amanda, Eddy seems to only reply between 12am and 3am EDT and takes 2 to 3 days to reply. I understand China is 12 hours ahead of EDT.

Velogopher

n3wb
Reaction score

Genius

n3wb
Reaction score
how many watts does this camera use?
I measured my LBK60S500:
2.5 Watt including power supply when camera is on idle (no record, no IR LED on)
8.5 Watt including power supply when camera is on idle (no record, IR LED on)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Someone was talking about spiders... My S500 turret keeps getting attacked by them every once in a while

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the difference between an "MTV board lens" and a "CS5mm"? I know what 5mm means but to order a camera I have to select.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Someone was talking about spiders... My S500 turret keeps getting attacked by them every once in a while

Oh man, all my IR cams attract spiders and Ive tried peppermint oil and bug spray and nothing helps. Someone on a thread recommended using a seperate IR illuminator and disable the on board. I dont find it annoying enough to spend on extras.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Do external IR anyway. Very little falsing for bugs, rain, snow, mist, dust, webs, etc plus better night images because you can add a LOT more light. There are zero benefits to internal IR besides cost.