5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which bullets are the problem ones?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like they have hardware issue with bullets, I think atom had the same issue with his bullet. Turret is rock solid in this regard
I haven't been following this thread much. Are you saying the Turret model of this camera is good overall (good image quality night and day, very little firmware problem)?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't been following this thread much. Are you saying the Turret model of this camera is good overall (good image quality night and day, very little firmware problem)?
It's been great, I am very happy with it, but I wouldn't buy any more of them (see my posts above)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that sux, the 4:3 AR, the ActiveX Config were both hits against it.. but if i have to worry about stability I'll just have to wait for these sensors to be used by bigger name company.

bullet is my only install option here as its mounted to the end of an electrical box

the bullets have more powerful IR than the turret, wonder if its not got adequate power handling for the extra IR.. perhaps the single led bullet rated at 20m IR like the turret would be more stable.. does it reboot more frequently at night durring the day or no difference?

Attachments

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not great on the 2 that I ordered, both have since new rebooted every 2-3 hours, after re-booting sometimes they show the OSD clock, sometimes though they don't until the next re-boot. Image quality is very good on one, but on the other the image is considerably more noisy, I would stick with a more trusted brand..
What models do you have that are having issues? I have the S2L IMX322 camera and seem to have issue with it dropping and rebooting

lotusandy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 of the LBH48S500 bullet cameras, it is worth having a look at the log from the firmware page as this will show when the cameras re-start.. @nayr, they both re-boot about every 2 hours or so, makies no difference if it is day or night though..

Last edited by a moderator:

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll have to dig deeper i show nothing in the logs. Maybe they are turned off and i didn't notice. My restarts are about as common as yours are and i have a smaller Turret style camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone using this camera with Hikvision NVR? I seem to have an issue pulling secondary stream (no stream at all) when the cam connected to NVR subnet. It was working ok (via NVR) when it was connected outside the NVR subnet.

jnr64

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried reducing the resolution of the secondary stream?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this camera have DST support? I am thinking just one at the peak of my house up high with a big overview of the back yard.. it wont replace any of my existing cameras, just provide a good low light view out back where I dont run alot of security lights.. I can mount the turret up there no problemo. The 4:3 AR actually works to my advantage with this location as my backyard is more square shaped than rectangular and I think at that height I should have the entire yard in frame, even with 6mm.

it wont be used for ID, just overview so if I get some unstable junk it wont be the end of the world.. but I hope not.

its either this or replace my 3.6mm hfw4300s with a newer smart 4MP 2.8mm so I got 16:9 and a full view of the back yard.. then blast my back yard with a couple hundred dollars in IR to make up for the lack of visible light.. that would give me line cross and more features without adding another camera but my NVR can take h265 and I have storage space for more cameras.. sure would cost more in the end, but it'd be good quality stuff so it might just be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is no DST support. The turret camera is not junk, but looks like you could get a lemon with bullets. I am more confident with Huisun reliability then with Longse.

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently bought one of the LRDC60S500 turrets from eddy@longse.com on Alibaba. I'm quite impressed with the images day and night and would like to buy 2 more, but Eddy said the minimum order is 10 (first purchase is considered a sample). Does anyone have any Longse sellers to recommend on Aliexpress? Another thread mentioned problems with Shen Zhen Huafeng Industrial Co. Ltd.
Do you think the Cantonk version of this camera http://cantonk.en.alibaba.com/product/60282951345-218870438/New_H_265_Network_Camera_IR_40M_HD_1080P_POE_optional_Full_HD_5MP_IP_Camera.html is an option? Same firmware as Longse? Would rather keep everything common unless the Cantonk has a better interface.

Joe

Last edited:

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Longse Cantonk are both Herospeed based cameras so the interface is the EXACT same. Just different vendors.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I sent her an email 3-4 weeks ago and have not received a reply, does she still work there?
Yeah, she sent me reply earlier this week. She was on vacation 3-4 weeks ago, perhaps email got lost. Try again.