$69 motorized varifocal 4x (2.8mm-12mm) Longse

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't mind testing and trying to find something that suits my needs. I guess it's all pretty new to me and seems a little overwhelming. Pulling cat5 this weekend and continuing to study. Thanks for the reply.
If you are overwhelmed then start with couple of popular choices and try it out in different settings. For example Hikvision 4MP turret and Longse 5MP that Q mentioned.

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are overwhelmed then start with couple of popular choices and try it out in different settings. For example Hikvision 4MP turret and Longse 5MP that Q mentioned.
I am in the process of ordering two LRDC60XA200.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering two Longse varifocal and Longse varifocals.
This shit is confusing enough without referring to these cameras as "Longse varifocals." Which "Longse varifocals" have you ordered? Cameras have model numbers; why not recite the camera's model number to remove all doubt about which cameras you are referring to. I would imaging that you are referring to the Longse LRDC60A200 or the LRDC60XA200. I have received a LRDC60XA200 and, at this point in time, I would not order another one. IMO the image this camera produces is "fuzzy" (lacks clarity) when zoom in to 3.x or greater. I'm still testing and adjusting so my opinion may change in the future but -- at this point in time -- I don't care for the camera all that much; I'd grade it a "C."

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Q do you have option for ISO+? It was available in earlier firmware but I can't find it now and produced much better results then normal setting. I only see this option in my IMX124 camera now.

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This shit is confusing enough without referring to these cameras as "Longse varifocals." Which "Longse varifocals" have you ordered? Cameras have model numbers; why not recite the camera's model number to remove all doubt about which cameras you are referring to. I would imaging that you are referring to the Longse LRDC60A200 or the LRDC60XA200. I have received a LRDC60XA200 and, at this point in time, I would not order another one. IMO the image this camera produces is "fuzzy" (lacks clarity) when zoom in to 3.x or greater. I'm still testing and adjusting so my opinion may change in the future but -- at this point in time -- I don't care for the camera all that much; I'd grade it a "C."
After reading my last I see how I made it confusing and I was referring to the cameras you referenced by model number.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q do you have option for ISO+? It was available in earlier firmware but I can't find it now and produced much better results then normal setting. I only see this option in my IMX124 camera now.
My LRDC60XA200 camera's web interface (Firmware Version: S2L33M_IMX322_PTZ_W_6.1.30.3) does not display an "ISO+" setting @klasipca.

Last edited by a moderator:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Suburban28 why not get one of these dahua.$90 and it looks pretty good to me.night/day.i ignored nayr advice to get 6mm for driveway and got the 3.6mm :D still need 2 more cams for driveway.facing the gates.i only thing i changed in video settings is setting video to 720p medium settings for now.

DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Why change to 720P? Picture so good it hurt your eyes the way it came?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@Suburban28 why not get one of these dahua.$90 and it looks pretty good to me.night/day.i ignored nayr advice to get 6mm for driveway and got the 3.6mm :D still need 2 more cams for driveway.facing the gates.i only thing i changed in video settings is setting video to 720p medium settings for now.

DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2
For driveway cam i prefer s500

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why change to 720P? Picture so good it hurt your eyes the way it came?
I dont see the difference between 720p and higher so I'll just stick with 720:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

DH-IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I2
Those look good. I'll keep them in mind for my next order. I pulled the trigger on 2 HikVision DS-2CD2342WD- I 4mm that will cover my driveway and front door.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think he means.u will start with 2 cams.then 3,4. Before u know it u will have 10 :)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ipcamophrenia
[eye-pee-cam-o-free-nee-uh, -freen-yuh]
Noun
Psychiatry. Also called dementia cctvia. A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following symptoms: insatiable surveillance camera purchases, obsessive new model lust, excessive night vision tweaking, compulsive firmware upgrading, CPU capability delusions and digital noise hallucinations.

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ipcamophrenia
[eye-pee-cam-o-free-nee-uh, -freen-yuh]
Noun
Psychiatry. Also called dementia cctvia. A severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following symptoms: insatiable surveillance camera purchases, obsessive new model lust, excessive night vision tweaking, compulsive firmware upgrading, CPU capability delusions and digital noise hallucinations.
I'm getting vaccinated for it.