$69 motorized varifocal 4x (2.8mm-12mm) Longse

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, bear with me, a few more observations. I was losing signal at least 10 times a day on these cams. I even swapped places with a reliable Dahua to prove it wasn't the cable that was the issue, the Longse still dropped so I did more investigation. I had changed these cams to higher port numbers when I changed the ip's (I know probably not necessary). I noticed that Blue Iris was showing the cams on these higher 9xxx ports for the RTSP and the Discovery. I changed the RTSP back to default 554 (a change I probably had made in error) and the cams seemed to have stopped losing signal. I can't blame Blue Iris at all, although I have noticed on these Longse's that BI uses the higher 9xxx port I selected in the cameras as the Discovery port when I use the find/inspect option, but it doesn't change the RTSP port (does Longse have a default Discovery port?) Most of you are probably using NVR so this doesn't matter so much to you.
I apologize if I have missed it but I also noticed that even though I had set bit rate to 8192 (I tried VBR & CBR) the clips were really only around 3500-4500. I cranked up the bit rate setting in the cams to 11264 and the clips now show to be around 5300-5500, a little closer to the 8000+ I'm used to seeing on my Hikvisions and Dahua set at 8192. Anyway, I believe I can see an improvement in quality with the increased bit rate.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Btw with Longse you HTTP/RTSP port is the same. Also, I ran mine I think at 10k CBR

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you running the camera using the ONVIF generated profile or have you selected "Make: Longse" & "Model: RTSP" from the Blue Iris camera list? Is your Receive Buffer 20mb? BTW, my Blue Iris RTSP port is set at 554 and my Discovery port is set at 8999.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running the camera using the ONVIF generated profile or have you selected "Make: Longse" & "Model: RTSP" from the Blue Iris camera list? Is your Receive Buffer 20mb? BTW, my Blue Iris RTSP port is set at 554 and my Discovery port is set at 8999.
Mine is set at Generic/RTSP and everything is working but I may try changing to see what happens, and changing Discovery to 8999. Receive buffer is at 20mb like my other cams. Does zoom work in BI on yours? Mine do not at this time but I don't plan to do much zooming anyway but it would be nice to see it working in BI.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Since I got issues fixed and cranked up the bit rate I thought I would post video that is improved from earlier post. Also, for comparison I am posting a couple from my Dahua ptz SD29204S-GN that I had hung in the same place temporarily in troubleshooting. It was hanging with a tie-wrap so it is a little crooked.
Longse day

Longse night

Dahua day

Dahua night

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Basically looks like mine. I'm not as impressed with my Longse IMX178. Mine's a dome. The IMX322 just looks better for me.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since I got issues fixed and cranked up the bit rate I thought I would post video that is improved from earlier post. Also, for comparison I am posting a couple from my Dahua ptz SD29204S-GN that I had hung in the same place temporarily in troubleshooting. It was hanging with a tie-wrap so it is a little crooked...
@gwminor48 what is the Model Number of the Longse Camera which produced these day and night videos?

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Now I'm even more confused, which Longse webpage to believe?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score