$69 motorized varifocal 4x (2.8mm-12mm) Longse

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing I will add, all these videos actually look a little better when I view them on my pc. Do you normally do anything besides upload when you post to youtube?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't have YouTube setting on HD at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One thing I will add, all these videos actually look a little better when I view them on my pc. Do you normally do anything besides upload when you post to youtube?
Not me. I simply export from Blue Iris and use the YouTube "Upload" feature to import them into YouTube.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks better even though I haven't made any adjustments, maybe just the direction of the sunlight? I think what klasipca has posted looks better than what I have been able to get so far. I'm still hoping for improvement. @klaspica you have yours mounted with IR on top? Mine are under an eave and I turned the "ball" so the IRs were on bottom thinking maybe there would be less reflection off the eaves at night but maybe the opposite is true. This shouldn't matter in the daytime image though. I may try to rotate them back to IRs on top today and see what happens.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know, with youtube compression it's difficult to say. What bitrate are you running there? Otherwise for youtube it look nice and sharp. Do you have lens blur? I may have slight blur in the middle if I zoom out and the object is far away, but for upclose it's fine. I mentioned this before, but this VF has better image then Huisun eventhough both are IMX322.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased a Longse LRDC60A200 IMX322 (sensor & S2L33 DSP). Although I had high hopes for this camera I am extremely disappointed. When the camera is zoomed all the way to 4x the image is hazy, fuzzy and washed out...as shown below. I have tried to manually focus the image but optimizing the focus does not alleviate the washed out image. Am I doing something wrong or this this simply all the camera is capable of?

Device Name: LRDC60A200
Firmware Version: S2L33M_IMX322_PTZ_W_6.1.30.3
Software Version: 6.1.29.1
WEB Version: 6.1.29.160713

LRDC60A200 (4x Zoom)

4x-LRDC60A200-IMX322.jpg

LRDC60A200 (1x Zoom)

1x-A200.20160924_090207.jpg

LBW90S500 (For Comparison)
LBW90S500-IMX178.jpg

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you manage to fix this? Can you ping the camera?
I can ping the camera sometimes, it does not always get an ip address

Have you tried IPSearch tool and reload firmware using this too?
I have , with several tools but since it does not show up 9 of the 10 times.
I even got the info to open it up and press a hardware reset button which didn't do anything.

If it has an ip, i can go to the ip in internet explorer, but then i see the blue white screen, and when i try to do anything it "crashes"

I have to send it back to longse, then i have another camera , not sure what model it is and this one drops out all the time in BI.
Have to send this back as well.

Also what i noticed when i was testing, not sure if it is network related but i am using "pro" switches and cat5e cables and some cat 6.
When i added the 7 or 8 longse cams in BI.
And when i logged on, some dropped out, after a few hours or so and did not come back in BI.
I could login directly when entering the ip address.

But my work was and is still consuming my time so haven't done anything yet.
What i also think is not very nice of longse , i have to ship them back to them, this costs me 25 €.
They send it back at there expense, but sorry , didn't i buy new camera's that are broken a few hours after receiving ?

Another "problem" i probably have to deal with is when they send them back, i get again custom duties, tell them you already paid for it, this is going to be a long long story probably.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
With all of the quality loss that Youtube creates, why not just post Dropbox or Google Drive links for when it's the actual quality we're wanting to see rather than a bit of extra sharpness to some twit scoping out cars?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Well dang @Q2U, I was hoping you would have better luck with yours and could help me improve mine. I haven't been impressed either. I have been busy doing remodeling at home so I haven't had time to work more with mine. I haven't totally given up hope of improving mine but haven't had time to work with them lately. I hope yours didn't have the problem of condensation on the lens like mine did. @klasipca seems to have had pretty good results with his LRDC60A200. I have the same firmware as you by the way.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Mine isn't perfect either at wide but I like it regardless. See my post #206. After last update they fixed the bug where occasionally it reset zoom to wide.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine isn't perfect either at wide but I like it regardless. See my post #206. After last update they fixed the bug where occasionally it reset zoom to wide.
What FIRMWARE VERSION are you presently running @klasipca?

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought I had found a viable option. Reviews are mixed but he scariest part seems to be whether or not these will hold up over time.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I just seem to be having a hard time finding cameras.
Let me tell you that I've gone through a few dozen camera types as well as brands over the years and there are drawbacks in any price range. I have gone from Foscams/Wanscams/Tenvis/Zavio/Vivotek and bunch of others which I can't even remember to everything Hikvision and finally upgraded to mainly Huisun/Longse primarily looking to improve night vision as well as some cool features at low cost. So far what I am using works great for me but I know not everyone fuzzy about the idea of using some cheap brands and there can be a hit and miss with quality control as we saw. I like to experiment too with new cams as it's a hobby.

If you really want no hassle reliable cams Dahua/Hikvision is your best bet

Suburban28

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let me tell you that I've gone through a few dozen camera types as well as brands over the years and there are drawbacks in any price range. I have gone from Foscams/Wanscams/Tenvis/Zavio/Vivotek and bunch of others which I can't even remember to everything Hikvision and finally upgraded to mainly Huisun/Longse primarily looking to improve night vision as well as some cool features at low cost. So far what I am using works great for me but I know not everyone fuzzy about the idea of using some cheap brands and there can be a hit and miss with quality control as we saw. I like to experiment too with new cams as it's a hobby.

If you really want no hassle reliable cams Dahua/Hikvision is your best bet
I don't mind testing and trying to find something that suits my needs. I guess it's all pretty new to me and seems a little overwhelming. Pulling cat5 this weekend and continuing to study. Thanks for the reply.